D_IN doesn't allow me to change the surround sound settings

jontygee

Standard Member
Hi

I have the following set up:

my TV is a Samsung UE40M/U6400. On the back of it, it has a Digital Audio out (optical) port, 2 HDMI ins (1 & 2) and an HDMI in 3 (ARC).

The Home theatre/Blu-ray is a Samsung AH64-05291B all in one. On the back it has a Digital Audio In, 2 HDMI ins and 1 HDMI out.

I recently got Sky Q 2TB UHD and have a PS4.

As I get free UHD channels I want to be able to watch them but also benefit from surround sound. However as the Blu-ray all in one home theatre player isn't UHD compliant, i have set up as follows:

Sky q directly into TV via HDMI; ps4 directly into tv via HDMI. TV to home theatre via optical.

This seems to work, however i have 1 issue that I cannot fix. The home theatre previously allowed me to switch between several modes to take advantage of the type of programme i was watching, e.g. movie mode, matrix mode, music, stereo, Prol 06. However when i have the D_IN selected, I cannot toggle through these modes and it seems i just get the matrix setting which is basically the same sound through every speaker, so technically not proper surround sound.

Is there anyway to fix this, or is this because i am using an opitcal in? Not a big deal but would be nice to be able to change settings, particularly for movies

thanks

John

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom