D8000 Different region apps

Smokie365

Hi everyone

I was just wondering about the above.
I live in Ireland and havent got a great selection of apps.
Is it possible to change something to get apps from america? or the uk?

Also has anyone heard anything about the smart menu been updated to the 2012 models?

Thanks

next010

Distinguished Member
It depends, if Samsung are just using geo-IP lookup then you can side step that with a smart DNS or VPN service (requires subscription) from the likes of Overplay or unblock-us. The UK services I would guess are reachable through this but not sure about USA ones.

If Samsung are using firmware to block then that makes things more tricky, there is a separate USA firmware for Samsung TV's as the use a different model number even if they are the same hardware. So you might have to find the corresponding model number for your TV force the firmware on it (risk of killing the TV here) then subscribe to one of the above services to unlock access to them.

poisike

You can use a code to change the app store region. You can download the apps and they work if the app itself is not checking your IP location (Netflix, Hulu plus).

Open Smart Hub, press FF, 2, 8, 9, RW and select the country you want. Worked for me on E8000

next010

Distinguished Member
That is very interesting posike and deeply surprising I didn't think Samsung would be so careless, that apps will work with no IP check!

PhilRose

poisike said:
You can use a code to change the app store region. You can download the apps and they work if the app itself is not checking your IP location (Netflix, Hulu plus).

Open Smart Hub, press FF, 2, 8, 9, RW and select the country you want. Worked for me on E8000

Hey,

I don't quite understand the button commands? Where are FF 2 8 9 RW?

Am I being stupid here? Haha

poisike

Hey,

I don't quite understand the button commands? Where are FF 2 8 9 RW?

Am I being stupid here? Haha
On remote control press: Fast Forward, 2, 8, 9, Rewind.

Smokie365

Thanks for all the replys guys.. I'll check it out tonight..
And has anyone any idea if the smart hub will be updated to the 2012 models?

Myztical

Standard Member
old tread i can se, but i done this (in norway) and when pressing the netflix app my tv turns black.. Its still on, but nothing happends.. :(

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom