D7000 airport pricing?

Waz

Looking for a D7000 and been trying to see what the best pricing is for body only? I see Amazon and Expansys had them up around £950 but any future orders are now shipping for December? Saw elitegadgets but their reputation seems a bit poor and it says instock when it isn't!

Rang Dixons travel and they do the body with kit lens for £1100, same as jessops do for body only. Anything stopping me getting one of those cheap 1p flights + taxes just to go in and buy a camera and walk out? Tried it today and asked for the cheapest ticket possible and they refused to sell me one as it is "against the law" as I am not looking to board a flight and just gain access to purchase something.

weetsie

why not just get on the plane and spend a day trying out your new camera in prague or wherever you may end up? :D

nikonuser11

Distinguished Member
hardly seems worth it for £1100, digital depot are £945 for TP members body only then pick up a kit lens second hand here or TP and all from your armchair and no airport security hassle:smashin: (and these days anything dodgy at an airport will be jumped on from a great height)

Goody

It wouldn't be a problem to do what you're suggesting provided you don't get stopped going out through customs, as you can only buy duty-free if you are leaving the country.

I would go for the chepest return fare to somewhere for the day. Moneysavingexpert has a cheapest fare finder Cheap Flights: Or FREE! Whenever & wherever...

Johnmcl7

Distinguished Member
It wouldn't be a problem to do what you're suggesting provided you don't get stopped going out through customs, as you can only buy duty-free if you are leaving the country.

There's no problem with customs as it's not really 'duty-free', Dixons simply offer a 17.5% discount on their prices as you only need a boarding pass to buy the items and can legally do so even if you're only on an internal flight.

With the over the top security these days at airports it's probably not something I'd be keen on doing myself though as I'd be concerned about possible repercussions.

John

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom