D60 battery - Original or aftermarket?

Crazy Guy

Standard Member
Looking for a spare battery for Nikon D60, the orginal battery is around £39.99. Is it worth considering an aftermarket type, or should I stick to orginal kit? Does anyone have any experiances of aftermarket batterys?

Bobdk

Hi,

The manufacturer will tell you about the horror stories of a leaking battery wrecking your camera and they would be correct. However, I have bought a few aftermarket types for a few of my cameras and they have been fine. I would admit that one of them died after a couple of years of little use but this can happen to any battery. My only recommendation is that you don't leave a battery in an unused camera for any length of time as this will increase the risk of leakage. I use the camera and then take the battery out before tucking it away. I think I bought a pack of two for my canon camera and they cost me about £10 or so. Good value as far as I am concerned.

Crazy Guy

Standard Member
Hi,

The manufacturer will tell you about the horror stories of a leaking battery wrecking your camera and they would be correct. However, I have bought a few aftermarket types for a few of my cameras and they have been fine. I would admit that one of them died after a couple of years of little use but this can happen to any battery. My only recommendation is that you don't leave a battery in an unused camera for any length of time as this will increase the risk of leakage. I use the camera and then take the battery out before tucking it away. I think I bought a pack of two for my canon camera and they cost me about £10 or so. Good value as far as I am concerned.

Good advice, thank you. There are some D60 aftermarket batterys for sale on this site for very little money. Assume i'll be ok if I remove them after using the camera.

Cheers,

Glyn

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T/9x Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom