1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D50 Setup Question

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ilkand, Sep 15, 2004.

1. ilkand

ilkand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,
    new to the dark side. Want to set up my D50 with my htpc. I know it takes RGBHV from a vga connection, soI will want to buy some sort of cable.
    I then noticed that it resolves more lines from its component input. Could (should) I therefore use this input instead from my PC? A transcoder affair or some sort of adapter? Or am I barking up the wrong tree? Should I return to the LCD forum where I came from?

I'll get my coat :blush:
    Andy

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Certainly a tree and barking helps.
    Use the RGBHV connection and run it from the 15pin VGA connection on your PC. In the service mode of you projector enable the 5BNC mode.
    I would aim to set your Pc to about 800x600 to start with.

I have no idea where this resolotion thing comes from. the D50 is a Data projector and will be happier running RGBHV. The component area of the projector will be a far lower bandwidth.

Don't you back.

3. ilkand

ilkand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Brilliant, thank you.

It did confuse me that the projector could do 1000 lines in one mode and only 700 lines in another as you'd think that it would use all possible resolution at any one time. It was something that I read in the manual.

Am off now to post a wanted add for a rgbhv cable.

P.S. Roland, the cables section on your website does not seem to work you know.

Cheers
    Andy

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    It will soon. The hampster that drives the engine for my website has not been well, he has a new wheel now.

5. Edgeyboy

Edgeyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +153
    Roland - I was surprised that you say the Component area has less bandwidth than the RGB area.

Is this also the case with the D50HTU ?

I am going to be setting one up soon. Will we get better results using a Prog Scan DVD Player by component or from an RGB source, perhaps some sort of scaler ? How big are the differences ?

Regards

Tom.

6. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    It will be the case with all data display devices, like projectors and plasmas.

Progressive scan will be roughly the same a line doubled or VGA. Your projector would be best suited to line trippled or 800x600.