d200 or fuji s3 pro

paulc1

Novice Member
I'm thinking of changing my d70 and am thinking about a d200 or fuji s3 pro, I really liked the fuji s2 pro but dont really think that it is much of an upgrade if any over my d70, so I'm looking at the s3 pro.
have any of you guys got or tried an s3 pro and do you like it, also will the sigma 500 and the nikon sb speedlites work using ittl?

Radiohead

The S3 outputs some lovely files but is very slow and the body isn't great IMO. The D200 loses a little DR but murders it everywhere else. I'd wait though, the S5 Pro (improved S3 sensor in the D200 body) is just around the corner (Feb launch) and could be a superb camera if Fuji sort the speed issues out.

paulc1

Novice Member
thanks for the reply, the only reason that i would consider the fuji over the d200 is that I have had a fuji s602 camera and the interpolation really did take it head and shoulders above the other cameras at the time and i had heard and read great things about the s3 pros images, also my nikon lenses will fit the body, but I am unsure about my sigma 500 super flash being compatible 100 percent though.

Also the s5 may be out of my price bracket...infact it deffinately would cos 1k is topps at present.

inkinoo

I went from the S2 Pro to the D200 ... the S3 is nowhere near as good in comparison and the D200 is lightyears ahead of the S2.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom