• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

D-Line Trunking...Which size (depth, diameter)

sdb123

Distinguished Member
As title suggests....I'm looking at purchasing some lengths of D-Line trunking. It needs to carry speaker cable and an HDMI cable, which diameter is the best to go for?

albriscoe

Distinguished Member
Hi :hiya:

Surely does it not depend on how many cables you want in the trunking. I would have thought that as long as the hdmi plug goes through it and as many speakers cables you need to go through with all of them not being tight you should be ok. If its going to be chased into a wall the smaller the diameter the less you have to chase out as well.

hope that helps a bit

cheers Allan :smashin:

Franco50

Established Member
Hi :hiya:

Surely does it not depend on how many cables you want in the trunking. I would have thought that as long as the hdmi plug goes through it and as many speakers cables you need to go through with all of them not being tight you should be ok. If its going to be chased into a wall the smaller the diameter the less you have to chase out as well.

hope that helps a bit

cheers Allan :smashin:
The D-Line stuff he intends using is surface mounted mate, it doesn't get chased into the wall. http://www.d-line.co.uk

usagi13

Established Member
As title suggests....I'm looking at purchasing some lengths of D-Line trunking. It needs to carry speaker cable and an HDMI cable, which diameter is the best to go for?

I am using 30mm by 15mm decorative trunking for 2 Sky Coax Cables, a telephone line and mains extension. I am using a straight run without bends though. My advice is to buy a couple of different sizes and see what one works best for you.
My local homebase has a good selection so you can always take back which one you dont use.
Failing that this site sells it for a reasonable price.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Trunking_Pvc_Index/Clearance_D_Line/index.html

usagi13

Established Member
Homebase sells D-Line. Not sure if its nationwide though, my 2 local's sell it but I went to one near my parents not long ago and couldnt see it in there.

Soundworx

Established Member
Try B&Q online for this...:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom