D Line plastic conduit

indus

Distinguished Member
Hello.

I need to run some cat6 and powercables to the back of my room. This will run just above the skirting and then up a wall.

I was thinking of getting somebody to do it for me whilst they are at my house fixing something else. I don't have the cables yet.

so my question is can I have the conduit cut and fitted first, and then does the cover just 'pop' off so I can put the cables in later once I've got them?

Thanks

mikeg1975

Hi,

Yes, the cover does just pop open once mounted. I've used D-Line as a temporary measure for my rear speaker cables until we decorate and I can channel the walls. If you have to go around corners there are various accesories for this and they are very straighforward to fit. Watch the video on the link for a better idea :hiya:

Mike

indus

Distinguished Member
Hi,

Yes, the cover does just pop open once mounted. I've used D-Line as a temporary measure for my rear speaker cables until we decorate and I can channel the walls. If you have to go around corners there are various accesories for this and they are very straighforward to fit. Watch the video on the link for a better idea :hiya:

Mike[/QUOTe

Thanks Mike. Do the covers on the corners pop off aswell? I won't be able to just feed through the corners as there will be big connectors on the ends of the leads which won't pass through the conduit. I'll need to just 'lay' the leads into the conduit, if that makes sense

Many thanks

chienmetallique

Yes, dead easy to retro fit upgraded cables etc.

Also if you have wooden flooring, the wood effect d-line is a great match for most floors. No need to channel wall only to find problem cables/interference later!

Cheers
Carl

indus

Distinguished Member
Yes, dead easy to retro fit upgraded cables etc.

Also if you have wooden flooring, the wood effect d-line is a great match for most floors. No need to channel wall only to find problem cables/interference later!

Cheers
Carl

Cheers mate:thumbsup:

mikeg1975

Thanks Mike. Do the covers on the corners pop off aswell? I won't be able to just feed through the corners as there will be big connectors on the ends of the leads which won't pass through the conduit. I'll need to just 'lay' the leads into the conduit, if that makes sense

Many thanks

Yes, the corner pieces are held in place by the covers on the trunking. If you pop open the two lengths joined with a corner the corner will just come away. You can then place your cables in the trunking replace the corners then close the covers.

Hope that makes sense, Mike

rawders

deffinately the neatest temporary way, makes it easier to expand your build, i just ran everything in the way to mine just incase but it was expensive and ott :thumbsdow

deefadog

If your skirting boards are white and you use the small d line trunking sitting just above it, it will look part of the skirting board. Everyone who i have shown can see it and have to bend down to check it out LoL

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom