1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d.i.y. sky plus

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by bigdavie0, May 3, 2005.

1. bigdavie0

bigdavie0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi everyone ,been reading a few threads and i am thinking of buying sky plus box and installing myself,but i am a bit confused
    at the moment i have sky and i subscribe £19.50 per month i just wanted to know how much more if any i would have to subscribe to sky to be able to record and pause live t.v in previous threads some people say your subscription has to be over £30 some someone give me some guidence please

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    The Sky+ subscription is £10 a month, and this is waived if you subscribe to two or more "premium" channels, which can be either movies or sport.

3. GaryM999

GaryM999
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I took the same route as you a while back. Ran another cable down from the dish (already have a multioutput LNB) and installed the SKY + box.

Then rang Sky to migrate my exsiting subscription from the old box to the new. I was on the £19 package. So my choices were to pay an extra £10 for Sky+ with no extra channels or upgrade the a package that included two premium packages and get it for free plus for free (Well the cost of the extra channels anyway).

It took me ages to make the jump cause I regret paying so much but I have to say it is a fantastic product, even with occasional, indescribable bugs and box crashes.

4. bigdavie0

bigdavie0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    garry when you say subscribe to 2 premium channels,would getting sky family(like i have now),and say sky movies or
    sky sports justify me not paying the extra £10
    cheers

5. GaryM999

GaryM999
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sky are going to get thier pound of flesh I'm afraid. The choice is pay the £10 and get nothing extra or more than a tenner and at least benift from a few extra channels.

And when I say nothing extra I mean it in a way. Sure SKY+ is the muts but the + is all in the receiver which I brought. You can still only ever watch one thing at a time as you need the card to decode it and it was this that put me off espically as I'm not a sports fanatic or are that keen on Sky's choice of movies.

Still I'm paying and they know how to milk it. Can't wait to see how much they will stiff us for HD.