Déraciné - Out Now

I have been absorbed in this wonderful rich narrative journey for the last few days and have now finished it. It's a good several hours long.

It's yet another Sony exclusive game that makes me proud to be a Sony playstation owner. This is an unforgettable beautifully haunting, poignant, sometimes cute, and often sombre narrative journey. There were times that I was charmed and times I felt despair because as I play as a faerie inside this gorgeously rendered world, I felt responsible for the fate of several children whom I grew attached to and their bondings.

If you enjoy Japanese tales and soulful animes like When Marnie Was There or Your Name etc then I highly recommend you get this game which is currently on a discount.

This is an exploration mildly interactive adventure in the vein of Everybody has Gone to the Rapture, The Invisible Hours etc. It's not as puzzle heavy as The Assembly that I recently finished. But the powerful narrative more than makes up for the minimal puzzle solving and it's more about exploring, discovery and interactions.

The graphics are the most outstandingly rendered textured environments with minimal aliasing jagged edges that often plague many psvr games. The artwork environments of the Mansion and outdoor scenes are absolutely gorgeous.

Although time stands still for most of your exploration, children and the environment comes to life when interacted with and its wonderfully done. Looking into the children's eyes and watching their reactions often melts my heart.

Movement is by teleporting only but please don't let that be a put off because the teleporting is actually done so smoothly and with great ease and while I generally hate teleporting in VR, it not really an issue in this type of game, generally. FPS games yes but not with casual narrative exploration games. IMHO.

If the game wasnt a VR game, I think it would have still made an impact and I would certainly rate even higher than some other so called walking simulation games. But the VR immersion amplifies THE experience and emotional imoact tenfold.

This caps off a great year of PSVR gaming (and playstation) for me!

9/10

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom