1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cyrus smartpowers amps

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by icequake2000, Apr 19, 2002.

1. icequake2000

icequake2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Can anyone tell me if cyrus smartpower amps are any good for AV thanks

2. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Cyrus Smart Power as part of a bi-amped hi-fi set up and am very, very impressed with it.

The only slight drawback I would suggest is a touch of bass lightness... but assuming you'll also be running a sub in an AV set up that won't be an issue.

Personally I think they sound (and look) fantastic. They also give you the advatange of being able to mono-block them at a later date (raising the output to 115wpc) and also adding PSXs to all of them (which when used on a mono-blocked SP will give 125wpc!).

I also recall Hi Fi Choice and What Hi Fi doing tests with Cyrus kit (including SPs) and it coming very highly rated.

3. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    except for the silver ones, which look like they are made from cheap plastic ;)

4. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have to agree, you really can only buy black Cyrus kit. I'm not sure what they were thinking with that 'silver' finish.

It is a bit sad when companies such as Cyrus and Rega feel they *have* to offer crummy silver versions of their kit.