1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyrus & PMC Evening At PJHifi

Discussion in 'Shows & Events' started by christiaan_BT, Apr 19, 2005.

1. christiaan_BT

christiaan_BT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Chaps, :hiya:

Just thought I'd post something about our event evenings, which we are doing throughout the year.

Coming up, and this is where things get interesting, is a Cyrus / PMC Loudspeaker evening! :smashin: This will be held at PJHifi in Guildford on the 28th of April 2005.

We are hosting the evenings with a no-strings-attached sort of attitude - there is no compulsion for you to purchase anything. They are primarily just to allow people to hear and see what they are able to achieve through various combinations of kit and speakers. This month we as you can figure it's the turn of these two fabulous companies.

We will have three rooms, two of which will be dedicated to Hi-fi and the other, our largest, is going to be set up with both AV and Hi-fi in mind.

A rough outline of what is going to be on demo:

Room 1: Cyrus CD6 / Cyrus 6vs Amp / PMC GB1's :thumbsup:

Room 2: Cyrus CD8x / Cyrus X-Power Amp (Bi-amp) / Cyrus 8vs Amp / 1 or 2 PSX-R's / PMC FB1's :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Room 3: Cyrus DVD8 / Cyrus CD8x / Cyrus DacXP / Cyrus AV8 / 3 Cyrus MonoX's / 2 Cyrus X-Powers or Smartpower+'s / PMC OB1's / PMC CB6 / PMC TB2's / PMC SubTLE and some PSX-R's (The Visual side of things will be run through a Lumagen Scalar and the Barco Cine8 onto out Stewart Screen) :clap: :clap:

Amongst some of the people from each company attending, Andrew Gitsham, the UK Sales Manager for Cyrus will also be there, along with Tom Barron, the UK Sales Manager for PMC.

The ‘Evening' is in effect starting earlier the afternoon, but the shop will be open late (about 8 or 8:30). This means you can nip down and have a wonder through at your own leisure, without having your boss breathe down your neck about more time off!

Without a doubt this is going to be an evening of fantastic quality and breathtaking sound, and as Cyrus themselves say – ‘we'll be painting an emotionally moving, vibrant, three dimensional picture' which will hopefully serve to inspire!

If there are any questions regarding this evening, or anything else for that matter, please feel free to fire away; either via email (you can contact us on info@pjhifi.co.uk) or alternatively on 01483 504 801 / 01483 304756.

Hope to see you all there! (and yes, there may be a glass of complimentary wine - depends if you've all been good ...)

Kind Regards,

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  2. vizslaraner

vizslaraner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Darn. A little too far to travel.

3. music1st

music1st

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a demo with this top end Cyrus kit and Spendor s6/s8 speakers next week. From what I'm reading, I should also get a listen to the PMC OB1 too. Did anyone attend the above demo night, or heard this combination?

4. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I'm hoping to get to at least part of the Genelec evening this Thursday. Is anyone else going? :)