• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Cyrus Linkserver Solo

Cocksure

Hi I posted this earlier in the Seperates section with out much joy, and was woundering if you folks could help instead? :lease:

I had been offered an exdisplay Cyrus Linkserver Solo
for £1200 and was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about them (seems to be little info on the web).

I am aware that it is now no longer in production, but is it still a good by at this price, also what is it like on the audio playback side of things, as i would be using it to replace my Yamaha CDR HD1500.
Thanks

rhubarbe

Prominent Member
I think that the HDD at 80GB is just too small. If you can user upgrade it then that removes my objection to it but I still wouldn't give £1200 for it.

Cocksure

I think that the HDD at 80GB is just too small. If you can user upgrade it then that removes my objection to it but I still wouldn't give £1200 for it.

It comes with the 160GB HDD, which for me is enough.
However what i wasnt sure on was weather it was a fair price or not, so thanks for the response. Can i ask why you don't think its a fair price though?

rhubarbe

Prominent Member
I just think that for what it does it's a lot.

Cyrus CDP: maybe £600
NMP like Squeezebox 3: £160
NAS drive with 500GB HDD: £190

That's £950 for three times the storage space and you can upgrade components piecemeal whenever you like.

Just my 2c, as the cousins say.

just.in

Standard Member
No offence but have you ever heard one? I doubt very much a Squeezebox or indeed any other sub £500 "media center" equipment will ever approach the sound quality of the Cyrus even with MP3's. This is a great sounding CD player too.

It rips CD's to WAV (full quality) or MP3 at up to 320k, no computer needed.
You don't need a PC to listen to music. You dont have to log in.
The CDDB feature names tunes while ripping.
Hook it up to your TV, lounge around on the sofa, you can pick tunes from the other side of the room.
You dont need a NAS or to network it that is the beauty of it. Dump your CD's to it. Xiva software allows you to dump mp3's from PC.

If you care about sound quality, need to rip and play cd's then this is very suitable for the purpose. If you hear it you wont have a problem choosing.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom