Cyrus i7 XR Integrated Amp Review & Comments

boabis

In my hifi retail days long ago, it was always a case of matching Cyrus kit with speakers that “calmed” their inherent liveliness.

Used to have a laugh attaching a set of Monitor Audios with the ribbon tweeter to a full Cyrus stack, then blasting 80s synth pop. Ear-bleedingly entertaining.

John Fogarty

Novice Member
Cant' comment on the i7 but I have just had the i9 - XR on trial for 3 weeks, playing through a pair of Neat Motive SX2's. I have to say that it is like a Cyrus but more so! I agree with Ed about the soundstage not being massive but it is absolutely rock solid.

It does need running in however, probably 3 days of solid running. In the early days I have to confess it was a bit bright, especially with the Rega 6 Ania combination.

I am trading in my 82 DAC on the strength of my 3 week trial if that helps anyone!

luiscardoso88

Stated total power consumption is 300w. I surmise that 52 wpc is really conservative.
I actually don’t think so. And I’ll explain why with an example and numbers.

This Cyrus is rated at 52w @ 6ohms, with a maximum power consumption of 300w.

My Audiolab 6000A is rated at 50w @ 8ohms, with a maximum power consumption of 330w.

The Audiolab was actually tested at 55w @ 8ohms, which is quite close to advertised. I know it’ll be a bit more at 6ohms but not that much.

More info here at

As such, I have no reason to believe they‘re being that conservative.

TB Rich

How would you say this compares to the Model 30 tested recently?

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom