• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

cyrus help

type r daddy

Standard Member
hi guys, what components will i need for a cyrus 5.1 setup? would want to upgrade in the future too!

anyone have experience of cyrus multie channel?

really like the look of these and have heard many good reviews, plus i like the idea that i can upgrade in the future.

reevesy

Distinguished Member
well if you hang on the new AV master (think thats what its called)...is coming out any time now which consists of the processing side of things and a built in 3 channel power amp....to drive what ever 3 channels you want.........fronts and centre or rears and centre...leaving you to get or use another amp or amps to drive the other two.
this is meant to retail at about 600 quid which seems a good deal.
loads of info and chat on it on the cyrus unofficial site.

type r daddy

Standard Member
thanks for that! please could you point me to the cyrus unofficial website please.
i just want a system that i can upgrade so i think the cyrus is the way to go, is the av master the same as the av8?

reevesy

Distinguished Member
thanks for that! please could you point me to the cyrus unofficial website please.
i just want a system that i can upgrade so i think the cyrus is the way to go, is the av master the same as the av8?

no the av8 is just a processor ,so you would need seperate amps to provide the 5 channels.
on the plus side i dear say there a some good deals to be had on the av8...
amps seem to hold their money on the second hand front though but again if buying new i'm sure theres some deals to be had with a dealer.
if music is important and depending on your budjet then a seperate cd player and intergrated amp....6vs or 8vs for the fronts then power or links for the centre and rears....then theres the seperate power supply units for each if you want to go down the big bucks and loads of boxes route.....think the difference these make are hotly disputed with people for and against using them.....but as always try and demo yourself.

cyrus unofficial is an excellent place for info and second hand/dealer bargins
theres also here for a deal....mention your a member of cyrus unnoficial (you may have to register?) and further discount or free p&p can be had:
http://www.moorgate.demon.co.uk/forsale.html

type r daddy

Standard Member
thanks a lot! really helpful.

guna go have a look on the forum now.

cheers again!

so if i got av8 i would need 5 or 6 amps for 5.1?

must do research!hehe:thumbsup:

type r daddy

Standard Member
sigh....... just been on that forum and have been told my speakers dont suit the cyrus sound!!!

what next? anyother makes i can consider? that will go with monitor audio RS speakers?

SeanT

Distinguished Member
I wouldn't panic, some people on that forum have some funny old ears :) Why don't you go to Frank Harvey and spend a couple of hours having a look around, pretty sure they sell the sort of stuff you are interested in - www.frankharvey.co.uk (you can always pop into superfi for a laugh - they don't sell cyrus or ma though...)

reevesy

Distinguished Member
yep there no law about what speakers go with what....although theres probably preferences but if it sounds ok to you and you're happy then who's to say differently....sound and vision stores have cyrus gear.....and plenty of monitor audio speakers.

type r daddy

Standard Member
i will pop into manc seven oaks! what sort of prices should i expect? rrp? or 10%off?

type r daddy

Standard Member
i mean what is the perfect sound? everyones taste must be different! right??:suicide:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom