cyrus dvd 7

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by icequake2000, Sep 4, 2001.

1. icequake2000

icequake2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    does anyone own the cyrus dvd7 is it any good for pictures and sound please help

2. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I looked at one in a Cyrus dealer locally a few months ago, it has the same Zoran software as the Arcam so multiregion etc should be a doddle.

I gave it a miss because the shop couldn't be bothered to set it up properly [connected like half a dozen other DVD players through a scart splitter !] and they could answer very few questions on a technical level about the product. I also has no component outputs, and I only have one RGB scart on my RPTV.

Personally I think Cyrus missed the boat on this one, just like their AV5, the model they were directly competing against [Arcam] now has a newer model available I believe.

Sound wise and in particular CD Audio, I believe it to be better than my DAD3Q-24 with PSX-R, but that again could be sales talk

What TV and Amplification are you using ?

3. icequake2000

icequake2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    i've got a yamaha DSPA3090 amp (being replaced in next 6 months) and a 25" sony 4:3 tv (can't be bothered the replace waiting for plasma to come down in price to buy). tryed a cyrus player out last night very impresiveon picture and sound. only thing putting me off is lack of video outputs and british players having a lot of problems with playing discs.

4. mulcahya

mulcahya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Forum,

I'm also interested in the DVD7 though I can find no reviews or worthwhile opinions (both positive or negative) about it. Do you guys know of any web site that have posted something?<br />For those that either have one or have demo'd one, what was your impression? Music reproduction is a high requirement for me so I hope it can at least do that.

IceQuake, exactly what did you mean by problems with British discs? CD and/or DVD? Region problems?

Cheers<br />C.I.

5. hellskitchens

hellskitchens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a DVD 7 with the Q upgrade and a PSXR feeding my Sony KP44PS2 T.V. My sound System Consists of An Orelle SA100RX Amp with Yamaha DSP800 processor With PMC FB1"s speakers.
    I am very impressed with the Cyrus, which gets better with every step i have upgraded.
    If you value Hi Fi stereo sound as much as home cinema the dont hesitate this is a great player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. philmate

philmate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    In Dansk at Lakeside shopping centre, Thurrock, Essex is a Rayleigh hi-fi outlet. I was talking to the manager (i think) about dvd players and he said for both a/v and hi/fi the cyrus was one of his favourite players .

Philmate.