• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Cyrus CD8x versus playstation 3

krlock3

I am currently demoing a cyrus cd8x against my resident playstation 3 through a decent neukomm amplifier and b&w cm9s. Im using a monster adapter cable for the ps3 to analogue, and what are apparently expensive tara labs cabling for the cyrus.

Surely the difference should be night and day, no, since cyrus is very well regarded and the cost of this cd player is about a thousands pounds!?

If i closed my eyes and listen to a delicate piece of music, eg Warning Sign by coldplay or Indefinitely by travis, I reckon i can tell the difference between the two. The cyrus (warmed up) produces a better soundstage with the vocals.

But is the difference astounding? Not to my ears. What should I be hearing then? Im not yet considering myself an audiophile, therefore I am open to suggestions.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom