1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyrus av5

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Jas, Apr 29, 2001.

1. Jas

Jas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has any one got one of these processors?
    If you have please tell me how it performs and if you`ve had any problems with it, also what other processors did you compare it against.
    I like the idea of no video signals running through my audio system and am not keen on silly dsp functions and good stereo performance is important to me,this is what has atracted me to this processor but as yet not had a demo.
    Perhaps HCC could do a review in the near future

2. Matt F

Matt F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Jas, there are reviews of the AV5 on both the home-entertainment.co.uk website (under mega test - amplifiers - luxury amp systems) and on the hifichoice.co.uk website under reviews - multi-channel amplifiers.

Hope this helps.

3. richardr

richardr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I have an AV5 and am very pleased with it. It has a better sound than my previous amp, a Sony 925.

You will need to get power amps, as it is just a pre-amp, and one possible issue is the lack of analogue inputs (3). However, if you have another Cyrus Amp you can use it to partner that, and using the signal from the AV5 will bypass the volume control on the other cyrus amp.

Set up is the easiest of any surround amp I have used, with the supplied microphone.

One other possible future issue is that it does not have anlogue inputs from, say, a multichannel SACD player.

4. Gary Palmer

Gary Palmer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, I played with an AV5 for about a week and I agree that it is very good. Nice balance between music and movies.

The lack of 5.1/7.1 inputs and video switching put me off. No scope for EX/ES either although this did not rank high in my concerns.

If the missing features are not a problem, for the money it's good value.