1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyrus 8vs & CD8x Opinions Pls.....

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by recruit, Nov 23, 2004.

1. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have now had the Above Amp & CD Player for about a week now and am very pleased with the Performance & with the added PSX-R's it sounds amazeing and IMO a big upgrade from my Original 7 amp & CD8.
    The Stereo imageing is far superior and also the grip it has on all music types is in a different class....Cyrus have released there best yet!! :thumbsup:

Is there any other members who own this kit and what are you're views?

John :)

2. 337GUS

337GUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
  3. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers 337 :smashin:

4. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,307
    I was listening to the 8x CD player yesterday as part of the HiFi Choice listening panel and thought it was very very good but I thought the new Cyrus 6 amp (which I heard on my last listening panel) was massively outgunned by the Exposure 2010s. I like certain bits of cyrus gear but the odd shape means it has never appealed for mix and match systems.

5. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the input Tons and i understand the point from a mix and match appeal they are really ideall to be in an all Cyrus system which i do have and in the Tri Arbour stand they look good but partnering with different equipment can look odd!

6. fable

fable

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I'd spent the last couple of months doing demos and it came down to the cyrus 8x / 8vs and the musical fidelity x-ray / x-150. (i like the smaller size) i heard this comparison in three different sessions, cyrus sounded better the first time, but mf sounded better to me in the second and third run. i took me quite some time to decide to go for the mf coz cyrus was winning all the best cd, etc awards in what hifi and hifi choice!

anycase, i decided in the end to go for mf x-ray / x-pre / xp200 - yes, i went beyond my original budget - but i thought this sounded better than the cyrus 8x/vs/ power supply, and the cyrus pre-power amp combo didn't have a monobloc - i.e. i'd have to spend significantly more for a pre-power setup in cyrus! i did try the 8x/vs with the DAC though (this came to £200 more than the mf setup) and it made a huuuuge difference, but i thought it sounded
    similar to the mf setup now, and cost £200 more. anyhow, so i decided to go with the MF coz of upgrade flexibility - adding another power amp, DAC or power supply when i have the cash, and also just visually, i thought it looked a bit cooler.

well, i know this isn't what u were talking about, but just thought i'd share my experience. and consider the DAC for the cyrus one day - costs a grand and u'd expect a distintive improvement, which u do get!! well worth it in my opinion.

7. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fable thanks for the Input any opinion is appreciated and glad you are happy with you're choice, MF have a great reputation, trouble is i am bit smitten with the Cyrus gear and they do sound good thru my ProAc's.
    In Febuary 2005 they are changeing out the old smartpowers to the new range to complement the new vs series, i have a smartpower already and will get it upgraded once it is availible and then i can Bi amp my speakers again :clap: