• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

CYP HDMI Matrix

Aberdeen Al

Established Member
Hi,

Anyone had any experience with a OR-HD44S v1.3 HDMI 4 x 4 Matrix Switcher?

If so, experiences / comment / pointers welcome.

Cheers,

Al

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
I have one of the CMLUX-44S units here – it looks like the same unit with a name change!

Pretty basic spec for a unit that’s being advertised at around 800.00 GBP!!!

If you are buying New I’m sure you can do better ;)

Media Factory - Octava HDMX44-UK, 4x4 HDMI Matrix switch

Joe

Aberdeen Al

Established Member
Hi Joe,

Already have the CYP matrix - was just looking to see if anyone had experience of them..........I'll see how I get on but if I get no joy then I may sell it on and look for a replacement.

Cheers,

Al

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hopefully it’ll work out OK – we ended up with one here that we traded in ‘New’ against something else as the customer had ordered the wrong type of Matrix.

I guess we should try and shift it sometime soon – we took it in a while back!

Joe

markfi

Novice Member
Hi I have an issue with the OR-HD44E 4 x 4 HDMI Matrix Switcher (Explorer Chipset)
I have it set up with 3 inputs
1. Sony bdp-s470,
2, Virgin Tivo,
3. PC with HDMI out.

The four outputs are
1. Sony KDL-32W654A (1080p)
2. Panasonic 19" (1080p)
3. Optoma HD70 DLP Projector

All cables are high quality none exceding 7.5m and have no repeaters.
the issue is with the Virgin Tivo on the Optoma PJ (see attached pic). I have spoken to CYP and they
think the same as I that it is a colour space issue. The sony bdp and the PC are set to RGB
but the Virgin Tivo does not seem to have an option to select anything...

The BDP and the PC all other input and output combinations work fine.... HELP ! ! !

markfi

Novice Member
oops forgot pic

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 38

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
That doesn't look like an RGB/YCbCr colour space issue.

Power everything Off then simplify down to V+, Matrix and the Optoma projector - any change?

If no change I would try a different cable between the Matrix and the PJ.

Joe

markfi

Novice Member
Hi Joe,

Just tried that and no change.... also changes all cables with no change!

This is driving me nuts. I used to have a gefen maxtrix and it worked perfectly (but my TV has sound issues with the Gefen hence the reason for change)

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
You may want to try a Powered Extender just ahead of the Projector to ensure the Projector is receiving the signal at the correct voltage.

It could be the V+ signal is starting out at the low end of what is permissible and once it's through the Matrix it's dropping below what the Projector can deal with.

Media Factory - Octava HDE-UK, HDMI cable extender

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom