Cyclone sumvison?

8ace

Established Member
Reaction score
gonna ditch my HTPC as it is becoming a rapid pain in my arse. So need an MKV player, MP4 player, divx, Mp3 etc. I have a 1tb HDD(with loads of stuff already on it that I am hoping to just plug in) but don't mind if it comes with one too.

What do people on here use/recommend that can output 5.1, DTSMA etc if possible cheers

gonna ditch my HTPC as it is becoming a rapid pain in my arse. So need an MKV player, MP4 player, divx, Mp3 etc. I have a 1tb HDD(with loads of stuff already on it that I am hoping to just plug in) but don't mind if it comes with one too.

What do people on here use/recommend that can output 5.1, DTSMA etc if possible cheers

I prefer reliability over connectivity though must have HDMI out and pref dsub or svideo too :thumbsup:

I quite like the look of The cyclone HD2 and this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sumvision-Cyc...813924&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=5066514876475655846

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Anyone own or used one? pref the HD2

Can I just drop a drive with loads of divx stuff in ? (not a boot drive just a secondary storage drive I use from pc to pc)

Despite any input into this thread I'd though I post up a bit of a report about the HD2 I ended up buying in case any other folk are considering buying one. Dropped a 1TB WD Green into it that has about 400GB of stuff on from my HTPC of which it was a secondary drive took about 2 mins total to fit it and screw the lid on. Fired it up no probs at all. Very small with a good fast and logical interface(my music folder was a little slow though prob due to about 700 folders though) Easy to copy files from usb/SD card to destination folder of your choice, so easy to organise. Plays mkv's MP4 Xvid Divx MP3's flawlessly. Even had a 1080Dolby Plus trailer that my HTPC struggle with but it was smooth as silk on this machine.

Remote is of good quality too and well laid out. There's a lot of thought gone into this little unit overall it's not just been thrown together. Signal sent down a HDMI cable to my RX-v3900, audio raw my amp decodes DD from it too. The box says it does dolby digital plus as well but got no media to try it with yet

Not tried the twin tuner recorder yet but not really bothered about that it'll just be a bonus. Verdict .............for media playback I wouldn't even think of another HTPC when there're machines of this quality for £100(+storage drive on top of that), you'd struggle to buy a reasonably nice HTPC case for that! let alone board,cpu,GPU,Drives,Remote,Tuner card,psu,O/S and worst of all configuring it

Sumvisions HD2 gets a big thumbs up from me :thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSC00130.jpg
    DSC00130.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Got one of these myself a month back or so(with the 500gb internal drive ) very impressed it as played every thing i have thrown at it bit torrent player works quite well even though i dont think people use that much anymore only down fall with it is i dont like the epg scheme needs work but that might be in a later firmware also quite noisy from the fan otherwise very impressed

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom