Cyclone Primus problem - Some avis stop or won't scan?

jeemer

Standard Member
I have a Cyclone Primus. Had it for over a year and for the most part it seems to be working fine, but I have a couple of issues with it.

Firstly (this is the main one) some avis won't allow me to scan ie. fast forward/rewind. The 2x/4x/8x etc shows up but has no effect, and the video plays at the normal speed in the background. Normally videos that do this will suddenly cut out part-way. Since there's no way to scan to where it cut out (and even if I watch through again it will cut off at the same point) i'll need to get a different copy of the avi.

Any idea what could cause this? I've upgraded to the latest firmware but it seems to have had no effect.

Additionally, I've noticed that on some videos the soundtrack will be LOUD AS HELL and people talking will be reaaaally quiet. I assume this is to do with multi channel audio that my tv can't cope with. Is there any way to get around that without having to grab another plain stereo version of the avi I want?

Thanks to anyone who can offer any suggestions :)

tommy888

Standard Member
Gosh, this is new. Never heard of this problem before.
Only thing I can think of is corrupt files or something wrong with HDD.

No idea on teh sound

Hope it helps.....

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom