• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Cycle Mounted GPS/Sat Nav

ZootHornRollo

Hi,

i am looking to purchase a GPS/SatNav for use on my bicycle. it ride a lot of off-road so looking for something a bit rugged and probably aimed specifically at cycling.

i had looked at these, Garmin Edge 205, not sure if they are up to much for finding your way about or not. seem to get mixed reviews mainly critisising the fact you can't program in long routes - i.e. a weeks worth of cycling - which is not a problem for me as i don't stray much further than 3 or 4 hours. also screen shots of the navigation function seem to be scarce.

anyone got any experience of them or used another they like to recommend?

thanks,

D

Deleted member 207985

Most of the portable satnavs are small enough to fit in your pocket but few would give you a securing bracket to hold it to a cycle's handlebar. You could easily make one however. The Garmin nuvi would work well on a bike (if you provide a bracket.) It has an option to go "cross country" so it directs you directly to the destination. You would also set it to "pedestian" rather than "car"

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom