Cybershoes.io Experiences.

Marvin the Android

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have never played anything in VR before but decided to pre-order a Reverb G2 to give it a go. First games in the queue are Skyrim, Fallout, No Mans Sky and Hellblade. I guess Elite doesn't count as when they get around to adding in travelling by foot they will be dropping VR support!

I don't like the sound of teleportation mechanics and don't really want to go full roomscale so I was looking at seated alternatives and came across the Cybershoes. Has anyone tried these and would they recommend them? The price for the package including the shoes, cable management, stool and carpet seems reasonable enough providing it doesn't end up as just a rarely used gimmick.

I have never played anything in VR before but decided to pre-order a Reverb G2 to give it a go. First games in the queue are Skyrim, Fallout, No Mans Sky and Hellblade. I guess Elite doesn't count as when they get around to adding in travelling by foot they will be dropping VR support!

I don't like the sound of teleportation mechanics and don't really want to go full roomscale so I was looking at seated alternatives and came across the Cybershoes. Has anyone tried these and would they recommend them? The price for the package including the shoes, cable management, stool and carpet seems reasonable enough providing it doesn't end up as just a rarely used gimmick.

I think the last part is spot on, you could end up with lower back problems using these for an extended period of time.

I think the last part is spot on, you could end up with lower back problems using these for an extended period of time.

I hadn't really considered that as I just assumed it wouldn't be much more harmful than sitting on a stool and wiggling your legs about.

How long did it take for your back problems to start when using them? Was it a result of twisting more than you normally would whilst sitting or did you have a tendancy to stoop forward more?

I was commenting imo you could end up with back problems, this isn't something I would consider spending money on.

You're better off saving your money and building up your VR legs naturally. A minority of people (such as my good self) are completely immune to Sim Sickness, but the vast majority of people will suffer from it but can build up a resistance to it over time.

To begin with play games with comfort options (which are usually on by default in games) such as snap turning and vignettes and get comfortable using those.

If you suffer from Sim Sickness play until you START to feel a little odd or uncomfortable and STOP immediately by pausing the game. Keeping you headset on, chill out for a few minutes and then take your headset off. Then have a LONG break, at least a couple of hours, preferably overnight. Then repeat the process. AFter a while (time differs for different people, could be the next time you play, could be after doing this for a few weeks or even months!) you'll start to last longer before you start feeling odd or uncomfortable.

Whatever you do don't try and power through it until you make yourself feel physically ill, because you might give yourself flu symptoms for a couple of days! If you do this too often your brain will start to associate wearing a VR headset with being poisoned and even putting a headset on without doing anything will make you feel ill!

Interesting read.

It wasn't the sickness aspect as such more so the ease of movement and immersion side of things.

It seems to me that the causes of sickness are pretty much the same as travel/sea/car/motion sickness so I never considered it would be an issue for me. I never got the impression that the vast majority of people suffered from it otherwise I can't see how these things would sell. However, it has always amazed me that despite the reports I have never heard of anyone trying travel tablets to see if they help.

You will get accustomed to it eventually. When I first started gaming In virtual reality I could only last about 10 minutes before I felt nauseous. You can get around this by playing less intensive experiences. Eventually it won’t bother you in the slightest and you can kiss goodbye reality.

Yup, there's only a minority of people like me that are 100% immune to it. I didn't need ANY sort of adjustment and have played games with smooth locomotion and the likes of driving and flight sims doing loop da loops without a problem since day one.

Once you get into a game like Skyrim VR, for example, it's very easy to get immersed and you completely forget that you're using a stick to move around, there's no need to spend any extra money.

Just make sure you have clean underwear handy to get changed into, I nearly pooed my pants yesterday when getting surprised by a wolf in Skyrim VR, and horror games are on a whole new level altogether in VR lol :laugh::rotfl::laugh::rotfl:

Once you get into a game like Skyrim VR, for example, it's very easy to get immersed and you completely forget that you're using a stick to move around, there's no need to spend any extra money.

Have you been able to try the Cybershoes alongside a controller?

Last edited:
As above, you will be incredibly fortunate if you don’t suffer VR sickness in the early stages. When your skin starts to feel clammy, it’s time to bail. Spells of little and often tend to get the required vr legs. And once you are over the initial stages you can play for hours without feeling nauseous. Your eyes, however, will feel like they’ve been bleached in the Sahara.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom