Cyberscreens tab tensioned any good?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by emporer, Jan 10, 2012.

1. emporer

emporer
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    I was looking at possibly getting one of these, looking at the website they do look good and of a good quality. Anyone have any info or reviews on these screens?

2. toddy28

toddy28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +685
    hello again mate ;)

there very good i have the non tensioned 92" version and it is very well built and i have no ripples on my screen
    and i have had it nearly 3 years

3. Wull

Wull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    I had an 8ft 16:9 non Tab tensioned, I too found this really good. If interested I would drop them a line, they sometime have returned stock which they sell off at a lower cost.

4. mathew

mathew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thinking about the 92 non tensioned myself, glad to hear the glowing reports, might have tipped the balance for me (assuming Beamax refund me so I can buy it). Just have some questions outstanding about them which are what is the warranty and how long is the warranty and also what is the top border, website contradicts itself, thought the drawings confirmed it, then I get email reply from them with something completely different! I think they are made in the same factory as sapphire and panoview (and use the same alu extrusion), but there are some old posts here on avforums where members have commented that the fabric is better than these cheaper screens. I also love the fact that they have built in trigger input, ir receiver and switches, etc. What shops are you looking at? From my searching it looks like Forum of Nottingham and Into AV sell them in the UK.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  5. Wull

Wull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    I got mine from Into AV, think the guy was called Carl who dealt with me. The screen material was good quality, it's quite thick, which must help keep it ripple free, well mine never had any in the time I owned it. The only thing naff was the remote...

6. toddy28

toddy28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +685
    i got my first projector from into av and a grandview manual screen and they were nice to deal with , my electric screen i got from a dealer on the forums and i think i only payed £330 for it,

there is loads of drop on the black border not sure how much as my screen is set now but i must have a good 2 foot of drop at the moment :smashin:

the ir trigger is gr8 my harmony remote sets everything going at the same time i can even control my room lights :D

7. emporer

emporer
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    I think i'm going to pull the trigger on a deal that IntoAV priced for me. An Optoma HD33 in black with the Grandview Cyber Tab Tensioned 7ft wide screen plus an extra pair of RF glasses for £1950, seems like a great deal to me. I'm definately going to have to take advantage of the 12v trigger modes on both pj and screen I think. Is the drop easily height adjustable?

I've missed the big screen since selling my HD67/3DXL last summer, bring it on!!

8. Wull

Wull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600

Fairly easy, on the end where the motor sits are two small hex adjusters, 'it will help if you have a small torch to see these'. One is for lower limit, the other for top limit. Using the provided long plastic Allen key, you simply turn these which will provide you with small steps of adjustment.

9. emporer

emporer
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    So they are recessed within the screen casing these 2 hex screws? Is it just a case of having the screen down and turning one of the screws and the screen goes up or down by a small amount until the desired result is achieved?

10. Wull

Wull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    The ones in mine must have been 1" inside the casing, so can be a little tricky to see, hence the torch.

Exactly :)

When setting the drop length by lowering the screen, if you over shoot the length required you will have to raise the screen make an adjustment then lower it again if you get my drift.

11. toddy28

toddy28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +685
    You do have to fiddle a bit but once done you never have to touch it again

I would recommend a harmony remote for the whole setup , makes life very easy

12. emporer

emporer
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    Many thanks!

13. mathew

mathew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Good deal!

Anyone know what the warranty is on the screens and what the top border is on a non tensioned?

14. emporer

emporer
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    I think its a standard 1yr warranty, from what i've read the top border is large at 65cm.

15. mathew

mathew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  16. Fulltopuk

Fulltopuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Sorry to but into someone else's thread but are these screens any good for light rooms?

Thanks

Fulltopuk

17. Wull

Wull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    At the time I used mine in a room that had light tan coloured walls, white ceiling with a light beige carpet. I wasn't using that much drop as my ceilings are low, so I had made a black felt board that came out 2 feet say fixed to the ceiling from the screen, this had a pelmet on it to hide the screen casing.

I never really watched films with the lights on, I may have my down lighters on low as a token gesture for the OH!!

18. Rickyj @ Kalibrate

Rickyj @ Kalibrate
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,848
    Depending on your projector and screen size, you could be better off with a grey screen, with some gain.