Cyberpunk 2077 (PS4) (19th November)

Made me think of Watchdogs 3 lol

Hidden message

It’s been over 2077 days since we announced our plan to develop Cyberpunk 2077. We released a CGI trailer, gave some interviews and… went dark. Normal procedure for these kinds of things — you announce a game and then shut up, roll up your sleeves and get to work. We wanted to give you the Witcher 3 and both expansions first, which is why this period of staying silent was longer than we planned. Sorry for that.

As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine, we were able to go full speed ahead with CP2077’s pre-production. But we chose to remain silent. Why? At she point we made the decisions to resume talking about the game when we have something to show. Something meaningful and substantial. This is because we do realize you’ve been impatiently waiting for a very long time, and we wouldn’t like anyone to feel that we’re taking this for granted. On the contrary — it gives us a lot of extra motivation. The hype is real, so the sweat and tears need to be real, too :)

But to the point. Today is the day. If you’re seeing this, it means you saw the trailer. - our vision for Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilized life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don’t let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You’ll be able to create your own character and… well, you’ll get to know the rest of what show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for the previews!

Before we finish, you probably have some questions,

1. When?

When we told you we would only release the game when it’s ready, we meant it. We’re definitely much closer to a release date than we were back then ;) but it’s still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is still required. Quality is the only thing that drives us. It’s the beauty of being an independent studio and your own publisher.

2. How big?

Seriously big, but… to be honest, we have no bloody clue at this point in time. Once we put it all together, we will openly tell you what you can expect. And we promise we’ll do this before we start talking about pre-orders or ask anything of you.

3. Free DLC/Expansions/DRM

Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077, will be 100% DRM-free on PC.

4. Microtransactions?

In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?

Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you posted we treat it very seriously.

Yours,

CD PROJEKT RED Team

First Person Shooter. Pew! Pew! Was not expecting that.

This game is first person??? Count me out.

Why is that an issue? Fallout and Skyrim did ok in first person. Maybe there will be a third person option anyway, the did that in Battlefront and it was ok.

Yeah, I play Fallout in 1st, GTA in 3rd. Don't think it matters much TBH.

Listen to Mike Pondsmith (the creative mind behind the Cyberpunk universe) and the other lead developer in this interview from 2:45 and you'll understand why making this a first-person game makes sense from multiple perspectives.

For those who don't want to watch a video here's why they designed the game - and its story - with first-person perspective in mind:

- It allows for a more visceral and immediate experience compared to third-person

- It works better with the way futuristic technologies are shown in the game world, e.g. visual augmentations and the HUD.

- It's a game world full of skyscrapers, the size and scale of which are accentuated by first-person perspective.

- Entering hostile environments feels more intimidating when you're surrounded by cyberpunks and you don't have a tactical view of the situation (third-person).

- First-person draws you into your surroundings compared to driving an avatar through a world in the form of a third-person character. See lots of horror and sci-fi films for examples of how well this works in certain situations, e.g. Kubrick's use of it in the Overlook hotel, like Danny and Jack entering Room 237 from the first-person perspective.

I like both first and third-person perspectives depending on the game. We'll have to wait and see if their reasons for choosing first-person in this game are justified, but knowing how much love and consideration CD Projekt Red put into their games then I'm confident that they know first-person makes more sense for the world they've built.

Last edited:
Must be refreshing working on a brand new IP. They had my money from day one. Witcher 3 was a beautiful game.

For those who don't want to watch a video here's why they designed the game - and its story - with first-person perspective in mind:

- It allows for a more visceral and immediate experience compared to third-person

- It works better with the way futuristic technologies are shown in the game world, e.g. visual augmentations and the HUD.

- It's a game world full of skyscrapers, the size and scale of which are accentuated by first-person perspective.

- Entering hostile environments feels more intimidating when you're surrounded by cyberpunks and you don't have a tactical view of the situation (third-person).

- First-person draws you into your surroundings compared to driving an avatar through a world in the form of a third-person character. See lots of horror and sci-fi films for examples of how well this works in certain situations, e.g. Kubrick's use of it in the Overlook hotel, like Danny entering Room 237 from the first-person perspective.

I like both first and third-person perspectives depending on the game. We'll have to wait and see if their reasons for choosing first-person in this game are justified, but knowing how much love and consideration CD Projekt Red put into their games then I'm confident that they know first-person makes more sense for the world they've built.
Pfft they know nothing. Don't trust developers. Always trust the guy on a forum who says first person modes are rubbish.

Thread tidied. As always if you disagree with somebody else’s views debate it in a polite and concise way, resorting to aggression and name-calling is uncalled for and just undermines your opinion.

Incredible, and i only watched the first 15 mins. Will finish the walk through tonight on the TV.

Supposedly a leaked image of the Standard Edition of the game.

ApRVBtw.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom