Cyberpunk 2077 on Stadia Opinions?

mooperman

Distinguished Member
managed to grab the cyberpunk/free stadia deal at the weekend and it arrived the other day so mega chuffed.

Only thing bugging me is that for some reason the CCU doesnt like HDR through my hue sync box (which does support HDR - Apple TV/PS4 Pro/UHD Player all going through no issue).

Overall though properly chuffed with the game and graphics for the price! Needs some more support from bigger players (rockstar would seal the deal) but i could easily not bother with the next gen consoles at this point.

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
🤣 same boat zAndy1
Been mulling cyber and came across the stadia option with free kit.
I wonder if it’ll repeat now Sony have pulled the game?
I’m wanting to play on a tv so I’m thinking hook a laptop up might be best?

Maybe I don’t need any more hardware?
Laptop + x1 controller to TV.

I’ve tied myself in knots reading up now 🤪

To be fair I'd probably invest in the stadia premiere if I was going to use this quite a lot , think the stadia controller is very well tuned to reduce latency as well. It's definitely something I'm going to look into but what's putting me off I suppose is I'm really only interested in it cos of cyberpunk, I don't think it has much else to offer that I can't get for 'free' on Xbox gamepass really especially now ea play is included. It would be interesting to compare it to the xsx / ps5 though and pretty embarrassing really for those 2 next gen consoles if stadia gives them a good run for their money for £70 😉

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
managed to grab the cyberpunk/free stadia deal at the weekend and it arrived the other day so mega chuffed.

Only thing bugging me is that for some reason the CCU doesnt like HDR through my hue sync box (which does support HDR - Apple TV/PS4 Pro/UHD Player all going through no issue).

Overall though properly chuffed with the game and graphics for the price! Needs some more support from bigger players (rockstar would seal the deal) but i could easily not bother with the next gen consoles at this point.
It liked HDR on one of my Philips TV panels (2019) but didn't like it on the other (2017). What gives? It still looked great :)

mooperman

Distinguished Member
It liked HDR on one of my Philips TV panels (2019) but didn't like it on the other (2017). What gives? It still looked great :)

yeah ive got the CCU plugged directly into my soundbar and its running glorious although i need to faff with settings really cos the dark bits are a bit grey at the moment.

Lighty

Same boat zAndy1
I have an X1X and PS4 and see no reason to go series at all.
agree with other comments I’ve read - this was pitched at the wrong crowd.
never really spotted this at all until too late - I’d have taken a punt on cp77 with the offer
I’ll see where it heads now
Will stay on this thread if the flare goes up on another deal 👍🏻

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
Same boat zAndy1
I have an X1X and PS4 and see no reason to go series at all.
agree with other comments I’ve read - this was pitched at the wrong crowd.
never really spotted this at all until too late - I’d have taken a punt on cp77 with the offer
I’ll see where it heads now
Will stay on this thread if the flare goes up on another deal 👍🏻
The Premiere packs are actually going up on price, as people want to play this as efficiently as possible...eBay prices got silly this week!

gangzoom

Overall though properly chuffed with the game and graphics for the price!

Even without 4K and HRD this game looks so good with the Chromecast.

Am over 20hrs in how, barely touched the main story, just enjoying exploring the map.

50733011618_1d3effcbc7_k.jpg

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
I just finished the heist mission. Probably 12-13 hours in now. Some bits predictable, but a few very much unexpected!

Stadia nice and stable. A couple of fuzzy moments for maybe 2 seconds but that's decent on a Saturday night for sure.

The map is pretty big. Hopefully won't overwhelm me too much!

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Managed to pick up a stadia premiere off eBay so I'll give this a go I think, some of the screenshots look very impressive. Are people on stadia pro 4k/60 res or just the free one streaming at 1080p?

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
Managed to pick up a stadia premiere off eBay so I'll give this a go I think, some of the screenshots look very impressive. Are people on stadia pro 4k/60 res or just the free one streaming at 1080p?
4k30 for me. 4k60 is very nice to play, but I am okay with the lower rate for improved visuals

gangzoom

Some comparisons what the game looks like on various devices running Cyberpunk. Photos are taken with my S9 phone, so bare in mind dynamic range/compression/exposure/white balance/AF etc. I’ve put the native resolution of the screen in as well so you can decide for yourself how good or bad this game looks on various devices. Game is been streamed at 1080p.

MacBook Pro: (2880 x 1800)

50750167153_ec51fe89de_h.jpg

LG OLED: (3840x2160) - TV confirms the source as 1080p, no HDR.

50750908641_9f92725ddf_h.jpg

Note 20 Ultra: (3088 x 1440)- S9 had problems AF so close, the image is actually razor sharp in real life.

50751205986_3bfdfb7d09_h.jpg

This is a ‘screen shot’ done on the MacBook Pro using system screen capture tool - 2880×1800 is the native res, so must be upscaled from 1920x1080 streaming resolution.

50750510913_34223e721d_h.jpg

Stadia screen shot - at 1920×1080

50750510158_bcd823ff5d_h.jpg

From my point of view its a fab looking game, on phone, laptop, or TV.

If am not a cheapskate and paid for 4K streaming Stadia it would look even better, but am happy with 1080p graphics so no point paying for 4K streaming.

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
Showed this to my mate the other day and he signed up for stadia immediately. Added him to my family account and he was playing within 2 minutes on his mobile. Amazing stuff :)

I'm almost 20 hours in, with the Heist done and some of the missions with Takemura. Still feel I've barely scratched the surface.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom