Cyberpunk 2077 on Stadia Opinions?

AnthonyG

I think like many people they are curious about the offer Google have on where if you buy Cyberpunk 2077 you get a Free Google Ultra and controller bundled with the game.

I held off from taking the plunge as the ultimate question is how does it run compared to PS4 Pro version (nowhere has the PS5 for sale so its a choice of Stadia or current-gen for a while for me to get this).

I know its only 1080p unless you get the pro version but how does the 1080p version compare to the PS4 Pro version? is it noticeably worse or on a par with it?

Cloysterpeteuk

Distinguished Member

This chap wasn’t impressed with the input lag when playing on his tele but overall it ran decently.

gangzoom

Am about 7hr into Cyberpunk on Stadia, taking my time. I haven't got 4K setup as my Laptop is too old to stream 4K, and currently this is how am running the game.

Xbox controller to 2013 MacBook Pro, HDMI to LG OLED, over WiFi. Am happy with the graphics, interestingly the game looks better on my MacBookPro than my work Hp Elitebook??

50702281676_62309b8a8e_k_d.jpg

50703017817_23b3b3de7e_k_d.jpg

I have had no issues with input lag (see my F12020 video), and game play is fab no different from playing any game on my Xbox. All I can say is after reading all the horrors of the Xbox version am glad am playing it on Stadia!!

My 'free' Chromecast is coming, I'll try 4K streaming over WiFi once I get it and will report back.

50707310826_ce9fe4284d_c_d.jpg

gangzoom

So whilst preparing for my ChromeCast Ultra to arrive I thought I would test a wired connection to see if I can run 4K on the living room TV. I don't have an Ethernet connection in h the living room, but remembered I had some spare Powerlink adaptors so hooked them up to my laptop.

The adaptors seem to provide enough speed 40Mbps (Stadia needs 35Mbps for 4K), and for the first time I say options for HDR aswell - my laptop just doesn't support these features but the Chromecast Ultra should :)

50709203551_51303e542a_b.jpg

50709288442_dcaa979e2f_b.jpg

Here is a very brief video of gameplay at 1080p using the Powerlink adaptors, and you can see gameplay is 100% fine. I'm also clearly no YouTube streaming star interms of video setup/sound recording :)

I've now gone and ordered an Ethernet adaptor for the Chromcast when it arrives, so will run Stadia using the Powerlink connection, and if stable enough might even pay up for 'Pro subscription' for 4K streaming........So not quite £0 in hardware costs to run Cyberpunk 2077 at 4K, but £14 isn't too bad :).

50709270321_4bc5952524_b.jpg

gangzoom

Got in 30 minutes of gaming time after lunch whilst on using my S9. Yes this a screen grab off a smart phone launched in 2017!! Quite unbelievable Stadia can deliver this level of graphics onto a hand held device in real time.

50710108847_618a3c8047_o.jpg

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
I have basic 1080p as well taking advantage of the stadia offer for Chromecast and controller at £49.99. Had Google play credit as well, so £32 for me. Bargain.

Took a screenie earlier and can't moan on phone, but laptop on a 4k 28" screen looks shoddy at 1080p, as you would probably expect. Going to try a 1080p panel later if I get time.

I have 80mbit and a mesh system so speeds are double what 4k needs - but am tempted to see what it looks like before resubscribing to get the upgrade.

Screenshot_2020-12-12-17-11-12-001_com.google.stadia.android.jpg

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
As per other thread my code for controller came already so ordered that before stock runs out.

Apparently it can connect to stadia directly via WiFi to reduce lag. Who knew.

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
So I appreciate I am 1080p and this is definitely going to depend on network performance at the time, but here's a few native grabs from in-game. The green hair lady: first image set to FPS priority (60fps), second to image quality (30fps).

Note the cigarette ember, cap text she's wearing, hair quality, electricity cables etc. It's an unforgiving image in fairness, as it is up very close. But it doesn't look mind-blowing by any stretch at 1080p.

The lower image is performance mode priority in the apartment for reference. It looks reasonable in fairness.

Cyberpunk 2077.jpg
Cyberpunk 2077 (1).jpg
Cyberpunk 2077 (2).jpg

gangzoom

If you want 100% best graphics on Cybertruck Stadia currently doesn't deliver that, but than again nor will a PS5 and certainly not a PS4 pro.

I'm way out of the loop on PC hardware but I believe you need to be prepared to pay for £500+ graphics cards to get visuals like this. Add in needing 70-80 gig of storage just for the game (SSD for speed), and you're be at what £2k for a proper high end PC rig to play a game??

Stadia has cost me £64, including the game and hardwire network option.

The best bit though is I have no doubt Google will upgrade the servers running Stadia at some point, and we'll almost certainly see graphics upgrades.

I will be prepared to pay £8-10/month to Google for access to 'advanced graphics' servers on a pro subscription.

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
If you want 100% best graphics on Cybertruck Stadia currently doesn't deliver that, but than again nor will a PS5 and certainly not a PS4 pro.

I'm way out of the loop on PC hardware but I believe you need to be prepared to pay for £500+ graphics cards to get visuals like this. Add in needing 70-80 gig of storage just for the game (SSD for speed), and you're be at what £2k for a proper high end PC rig to play a game??

Stadia has cost me £64, including the game and hardwire network option.

The best bit though is I have no doubt Google will upgrade the servers running Stadia at some point, and we'll almost certainly see graphics upgrades.

I will be prepared to pay £8-10/month to Google for access to 'advanced graphics' servers on a pro subscription.

My next test will have to be at 4k with the subscription upgrade, but I think I will do that the week before Christmas when I'm off with a bit more time to play.

I'm going to guess 4k will improve on my images above quite a bit. And you're quite right - it's a seriously expensive pc build to achieve perfection at a non-locked frame rate. For the outlay, I agree again - even with pro at £9 a month, for 3 years at £108 a year, that's £324 for a middle of the road PC equivalent machine. Plus all the games that come free on top.

It's not too bad, is it? Paired with xCloud at around £5 a month with the PC client in spring, it's a lot of gaming for cheap.

Suspect my stadia usage will be something like every other month for pro flip-flopping with xcloud. However, with xcloud apparently working on the Chromecast 4k as a sideload, I might just keep it with the controller...!

gangzoom

Whilst trying to decide if I should sign up for 'pro' I together some short clips I captured on Stadia, but essentially Stadia just letting me enjoy gaming again. But without any hardware worries, which ultimately is all I care about, the lack of cost is just a bonus:).

Last edited:

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
Whilst trying to decide if I should sign up for 'pro' I together some short clips I captured on Stadia, but essentially Stadia just letting me enjoy gaming again. But without any hardware worries, which ultimately is all I care about, the lack of cost is just a bonus:).

That sniper shot lol

BMox81

Distinguished Member
AE816751-660D-4A02-926D-5A99674EDAF4.jpeg

CP on my B7. Looks and plays tremendously well.

Nice to see all the positive reviews from the sites over the past few days.

gangzoom

^Looks fab, are you in 4K?

My Chromecast ultra is due to arrive tomorrow, Amazon just dropped off the ethernet adaptor for it :).

BMox81

Distinguished Member
^Looks fab, are you in 4K?

My Chromecast ultra is due to arrive tomorrow, Amazon just dropped off the ethernet adaptor for it :).

Yes mate-well worth the Pro sub at present.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
Question for you - am I right in assuming that you either have a Chromecast Ultra, or a GPU that can do VP9 decoding?

Yep CCU currently downstairs. Will be replaced by the new Chromecast (which I own) once Stadia support is rolled out next year).

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
Yep CCU currently downstairs. Will be replaced by the new Chromecast (which I own) once Stadia support is rolled out next year).
Mine arrives tomorrow so will be good to see if my old (but trusty) laptop is a minor bottleneck, particularly for 4k.

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
Alright, so my CCU arrived earlier - forgot it was coming today and not tomorrow :) Wow, it's slick as you like, isn't it? I'm very, very impressed indeed!

1st is 2k60 (frames)
2nd is 2k30 (visuals)

cp1.jpg
cp2.jpg

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Is this offer to get the CCU and controller free with cyberpunk still available? I've read some reports they had to end the offer early due to it proving too popular but not sure if that applies to the UK?

BMox81

Distinguished Member
Is this offer to get the CCU and controller free with cyberpunk still available? I've read some reports they had to end the offer early due to it proving too popular but not sure if that applies to the UK?

It’s finished everywhere now unfortunately.

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
It’s finished everywhere now unfortunately.

Cheers, shame, I always find out about these deals when it's too late. So how does cyberpunk on stadia compare to cyberpunk on ps5 or xsx? I assume not very well?

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
Cheers, shame, I always find out about these deals when it's too late. So how does cyberpunk on stadia compare to cyberpunk on ps5 or xsx? I assume not very well?
Have a look around - it's considered the best and most efficient. I will sound biased, but in terms of performance it should really match a PS5 at the moment.

Lighty

🤣 same boat zAndy1
Been mulling cyber and came across the stadia option with free kit.
I wonder if it’ll repeat now Sony have pulled the game?
I’m wanting to play on a tv so I’m thinking hook a laptop up might be best?

Maybe I don’t need any more hardware?
Laptop + x1 controller to TV.

I’ve tied myself in knots reading up now 🤪

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

PSB Speakers unveils Passif 50 loudspeaker
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung Gaming Hub goes live
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Huawei unveils FreeBuds Pro 2 true wireless earbuds
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sony unveils Inzone gaming brand