Cyberpower Infinity X127 RTX Gaming PC Review & Comments

Looks to be quite a premium for the parts used.
Not sure that AIO has that good a rep for reliability. GPU is the cheapest version of MSI as well I think. Also surprised they went for gen 3 nvme over gen 4 just from a bang for buck perspective.

If it was me buying I'd probably be changing a few of the parts to alternatives where available.

I could never justify spending this much on a PC! I'm sure it performs well, but surely it's total overkill just to play games on?

I could never justify spending this much on a PC! I'm sure it performs well, but surely it's total overkill just to play games on?

If you think this is overkill, have a look at the really expensive ones :D

To be honest this site is full of products you could lump in to that category. Thousands for a projector just to watch films on. Thousands for a record player just to listen to music. Pick your poison basically.

Paid £1,500 for a cyberpower laptop a few years ago, never worked properly from day one, their customer support was nonexistent as well, didn't want to know at all.

This PC looks too expensive as well for some of the components used, some of the parts, like GPU, CPU, SSD are towards the lower end of available models.

As Greg and others have commented, this really doesn’t strike me as good value. The 3070ti is a poor choice (plus MSI lower end cards don’t have a great reputation) - a standard 3070 or even 3060ti would be fine for 1440p gaming. CPU is overkill and I’d expect a better AIO cooler.

Given current prices they could have stretched to a 2tb SSD or 4th gen.

Now that crypto has, inevitably, started plummeting in value GPU prices are getting back towards ‘reasonable’ so this seems even worse value by comparison.

I was bored, so I entered these parts into PCPartPicker; £1621 if you shop around. I know it's pre-built, but the £380 change gets you a decent monitor, mouse, keyboard, headset etc. which any new buyer would need, or step up the GPU to 3080/6900XT level for a decent stab at 4K gaming.

Better off with a 12400f based system with a regular 3070 - perfect 1440p rig that can be had for around £1200-1300

12700kf is overkill for gaming

+1 for pcpartpicker. I built my PC and i managed to find a video online by someone who was building the same case and mobo. The best thing about pcpartpicker is the compatability checker which will let you know if your GPU is too big for the case for example.

I don't know why this gets 9/10, as others have said. Similar performance can be had for 1200-1300. No value in this build at all

Is there such a thing as a ‘gaming PC’ that isn’t hideously ugly?
When I see a gaming PC, I always think of those hideous mini-hi-fi systems from the 80s like this horror
3A84D439-913E-4307-9905-F6B6451D84C7.jpeg

Don’t put those music centres down. I record all my HD and MQA music tracks through my DAC onto TDK SA90 metal tape to play on my one of them. The super bass is awesome!!! :D

Some PCs aren't too ugly :)
View attachment 1711486
Custom Loop, very nice, I was tempted but decided to settle for AIO. I'm skipping a generation from my Ryzen 5600, I'll wait until Zen 5 comes out and I certainly will consider it.
Kudo's to you nice clean design :)

Attachments

• IMG_20220112_223327.jpg
    IMG_20220112_223327.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
I'm still using the PC I built in 2011 so would really like a new one. I can't be bothered building myself so looking at all pre-built offerings like these. Good to see reviews of likely candidates :)

One of the important things for me, isn't so much the gaming aspect but something more fundamental such as cooling, and yes, case design for the best optimum ventilation should be pivotal to the integrity of the case. That’s why I’m a big fan of my Lian Li’s, they’re modular and well thought through, which the Modder can appreciate.

I have a few mods that helped to reduce my temperature as much as 6 degrees, that’s great if you’re overclocking but I’m interested in the longevity and extending the product life cycle.

My CPU temperature came down from 42c to 36c on average after I installed the speaker spikes/shoe pads to the base of the case and yes it looks pretty darn cool with the RGB showing off on the dance floor.

Also another neat trick is to extend your side case fan more closer to the CPU as you can see from the photo, I used a 80 to 92mm fan bracket.

I used Sealy's metal glue to stick the spike to the base of the frame, I didn't want to drill holes and ruin my case, leave it to settle for a few days, when it hardens there's no way it'll come off.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-13 184701.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-13 184701.png
    92.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20220617_102923.jpg
    IMG_20220617_102923.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20220112_223311.jpg
    IMG_20220112_223311.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 80mm to 92mm Fan Adapter type A Converter change mounting PC Modding Mod Custom.jpg
    80mm to 92mm Fan Adapter type A Converter change mounting PC Modding Mod Custom.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20220112_223340.jpg
    IMG_20220112_223340.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20220617_102709.jpg
    IMG_20220617_102709.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20220617_102923.jpg
    IMG_20220617_102923.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 118
To be honest this site is full of products you could lump in to that category. Thousands for a projector just to watch films on. Thousands for a record player just to listen to music. Pick your poison basically.
Ah I have my wife to keep me in check! Even so, it is crazy, it's an industry that exists built on peoples perceptions, is it worth spending so much which doesn't significantly improve on the base model. When you hit the real top end, you need to factor in the deminishing returns.

One of the important things for me, isn't so much the gaming aspect but something more fundamental such as cooling, and yes, case design for the best optimum ventilation should be pivotal to the integrity of the case. That’s why I’m a big fan of my Lian Li’s, they’re modular and well thought through, which the Modder can appreciate.

I have a few mods that helped to reduce my temperature as much as 6 degrees, that’s great if you’re overclocking but I’m interested in the longevity and extending the product life cycle.

My CPU temperature came down from 42c to 36c on average after I installed the speaker spikes/shoe pads to the base of the case and yes it looks pretty darn cool with the RGB showing off on the dance floor.

Also another neat trick is to extend your side case fan more closer to the CPU as you can see from the photo, I used a 80 to 92mm fan bracket.

I used Sealy's metal glue to stick the spike to the base of the frame, I didn't want to drill holes and ruin my case, leave it to settle for a few days, when it hardens there's no way it'll come off.
+1 on LianLi but those glass cases do need a clean now and again. Plus the 90 degree GPU mount is useful.
5Kr3nWk.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom