Cyberpower iCUE Infinity Gaming PC Review & Comments

Building it myself is about £150 cheaper, but I imagine they prioritise prebuilt systems over individual orders. (GPU and CPU)
What price did you put for the 3080?

£750, which in fairness they have on the quote.
I doubt you could get a 3080 for £750 (if at all at the moment)

I doubt you could get a 3080 for £750 (if at all at the moment)
Indeed, but if I ordered the system, I dare say they would get priority.

Funny, I just configured a new rig with AMD Ryzen 9 5900X and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 for £2360. Going to price the components separately to see how it compares.
Lucky sod! I stopped reading after "3080".

Lucky sod! I stopped reading after "3080".
Not ordered it yet lol. Not upgraded in years, the 1080 FTW is getting on a bit.

Not ordered it yet lol. Not upgraded in years, the 1080 FTW is getting on a bit.
Hi b5ddy ;)

I've looked at you sig and you have the same TV as me, but the rest is much better. So I think it's only fair that you do NOT order a Ryzen 9 or GTX-3080 :mad: ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi b5ddy ;)

I've looked at you sig and you have the same TV as me, but the rest is much better. So I think it's only fair that you do NOT order a Ryzen 9 or GTX-3080 :mad: ;)
I would say we are on a similar path old buddy, an appreciation for the finer things! 😁🤣😎

Hmmm, this thread now has me contemplating selling my 3090 - it’s overkill really for what I do, a 3070 would probably be fine.

Have no idea how to make money out of mining, it seems it goes into a digital wallet - it how does that then translate to actual cash in the bank?

Hmmm, this thread now has me contemplating selling my 3090 - it’s overkill really for what I do, a 3070 would probably be fine.

Have no idea how to make money out of mining, it seems it goes into a digital wallet - it how does that then translate to actual cash in the bank?
I think that the the 3090 have problems with the GDDR6x modules overheating. But with a 3090 and suitable cooling you could make over $100 a month depending on which currency you mine and how you configure your system. The transfer depends on who you use. Mostly it goes into a digital wallet then you have to transfer it to a digital currency exchange for a fee. From there you can transfer it directly to your bank (which for some exchanges is free) or to a card for a fee.

I think that the the 3090 have problems with the GDDR6x modules overheating. But with a 3090 and suitable cooling you could make over $100 a month depending on which currency you mine and how you configure your system. The transfer depends on who you use. Mostly it goes into a digital wallet then you have to transfer it to a digital currency exchange for a fee. From there you can transfer it directly to your bank (which for some exchanges is free) or to a card for a fee.

I’ve got this one, so cooling should be fine:

Just seems a lot of hassle for not much reward

Current rate for a 3090 is about £5 a day profit (after electricity cost) so £150 a month with nicehash. Easy to setup as well.

There's a steep initial learning curve but once it is set up, you are essentially making a little extra money when your computer would otherwise be sitting there doing nothing. But you have to know what you are doing. Otherwise you will make less money because you are burning more electricity.

Current rate for a 3090 is about £5 a day profit (after electricity cost) so £150 a month with nicehash. Easy to setup as well.
Agreed. Using Nicehash is the easiest way to get started. They do almost everything for you and can even configure your card for maximum efficiency. But you pay for that simplicity with a pretty expensive fee structure. £5 a day is at the lower end of how much you could earn with a 3090. When the rates go sky high like they did a week ago you could be earning closer to £10 a day :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Midrange for not far off two grand? Christ on a bike. No wonder the pc brigade always scoff at the consoles, they can't compare in the price stakes so it's pretty pointless comparing them to computers really.

PS5 £360
This £1749

I'm sure they both play games but that's as far as it goes imo.
So how much is a really good one, 5 grand?
I still can't understand why folks compare them to consoles.
It's like comparing a Ford fiesta with a ferrari!

I had absolutely no idea how much these things cost.

Midrange for not far off two grand? Christ on a bike. No wonder the pc brigade always scoff at the consoles, they can't compare in the price stakes so it's pretty pointless comparing them to computers really.

PS5 £360
This £1749

I'm sure they both play games but that's as far as it goes imo.
So how much is a really good one, 5 grand?
I still can't understand why folks compare them to consoles.
It's like comparing a Ford fiesta with a ferrari!

I had absolutely no idea how much these things cost.
Nonsense post. Sony will be selling PS5 at a loss for several years.
This PC is easily making Cyberpower a few £100 profit

A dualsense costs 60 quid, take that out and it's a three hundred quid gaming box.
What can you buy currently for three hundred quid for a gaming pc?

You can't buy either at anything different than rrp so your post is also nonsense going by your logic

A dualsense costs 60 quid, take that out and it's a three hundred quid gaming box.
What can you buy currently for three hundred quid for a gaming pc?
And so Sony are making a bigger loss then. Thanks for backing up my point.
Anyway, this has been discussed to death.

Last edited:
Just bought a 3080 based alphasync prebuilt from Ebuyer for £1999 Thats close to what teh card goes for on its own if you can find one . But it puts the Icue in perspective.

And so Sony are making a bigger loss then. Thanks for backing up my point.
Anyway, this has been discussed to death.
AND yet you still appear to think it's a valid comparison.
Thanks for backing up my point.

AND yet you still appear to think it's a valid comparison.
Thanks for backing up my point.
Come back to me when you can use programs such as Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, photoshop etc etc on a console.

This is a great read, it's just a shame it didn't have a price attached to the total build cost
That was an interesting read. I'm glad I bought my compact PC pre-built lol. It's a similar(ish) build to mine with better cooler and a 5800x vs 5600x. Off the top of my head, the cost for that build minus the TitanX would be around £1700 plus/minus £200.

For anybody wanting to build their own PC for whatever usage for the first time, I really would suggest Carey Holzman's channel. He has builds for every situation, but as an example here is him building a basic work PC, which clearly lays out what to do how, where & when.

This spec, at this price, is atrocious. I built a PC that would benchmark about the same as this one give or take a few fps for my nephew a couple of months back and spent £1050 on all the parts (based around a 2080).

This is scalper pricing.
The price and spec. seem expensive to me. I built, 15 months ago, a better spec. Lian Li XL case, 32GB RAM, 500GB NVMe plus 2TB SSD for £500 less.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom