Cyberpower iCUE Infinity Gaming PC Review & Comments

1080 jawbreaker

sux to be a gamer when gpus are making $$$ mining. Everything but the junk is out of stock.

Coulson

Distinguished Member
So I looked at the headline and I thought OK let's see. Then I saw it had a Nvidia 3060 for nearly £1800 and I thought "no way". So I had a look at the rest of the specs. The 10600kf is a nice CPU, but its price has apparently come down. The cooling system is nice but again only costs about £150. It's probably overkill anyway. The rest of the specs are below average to average at best.

This is an overpriced, "understated" light show that even the inclusion of an overpriced (and not great) Nvidia card can justify. Unless the prices have gone up significantly in the last month or so, there is no way an Nvidia RTX-3060 based PC should be costing this much.

If I'm wrong then fine. But to me, this isn't Nvidia. This looks like an integrator behaving a little like a scalper.

Last edited:

1080 jawbreaker

So I looked at the headline and I thought OK let's see. Then I saw it had a Nvidia 3060 for nearly £1800 and I thought "no way". So I had a look at the rest of the specs. The 10600kf is a very nice CPU, but its price has apparently come down. The cooling system is nice but again only costs about £150. It's probably overkill anyway. The rest of the specs are below average to average at best.

This is an overpriced, "understated" light show that even the inclusion of an overpriced (and not great) Nvidia card can justify. Unless the prices have gone up significantly in the last month or so, there is no way an Nvidia RTX-3060 based PC should be costing this much.

If I'm wrong then fine. But to me, this isn't Nvidia. This looks like an integrator behaving a little like a scalper.
looks like even the the pc builders are scalping. Probably bumping the build price up by 750 quid :(

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
looks like even the the pc builders are scalping. Probably bumping the build price up by 750 quid :(
Dunno how much has changed since I last built a PC (16 years), but I assume DIY building is still not the hardest thing in the world. Research on component matching is more involved I bet?

Coulson

Distinguished Member
Dunno how much has changed since I last built a PC (16 years), but I assume DIY building is still not the hardest thing in the world. Research on component matching is more involved I bet?
The issue is that since the new year it was definitely cheaper to buy a pre-built PC because of the very high GPU and (some) CPU prices. My pre-built PC "technically" cost about £150 quid more than a DIY build but in reality cost about £500 less because I have a 3060Ti which is currently being sold for up to £800

Now it looks like the worst of both. You can't get a GPU to build yourself, and the PC integrators are raising their prices due to the extra demand.

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
The issue is that since the new year it was definitely cheaper to buy a pre-built PC because of the very high GPU and (some) CPU prices. My pre-built PC "technically" cost about £150 quid more than a DIY build but in reality cost about £500 less because I have a 3060Ti which is currently being sold for up to £800

Now it looks like the worst of both. You can't get a GPU to build yourself, and the PC integrators are raising their prices due to the extra demand.
Gotcha.

psikey

Distinguished Member
And to think, only in November 2020 I bought a pre-built system with a Ryzen7 8 core with AIO on an ASUS X570-P, Corsair 1000W PSU, Firecuda 520 512GB m2 SSD, 2TB drive, 16GB RAM and a MSI 3080 Gamer X Trio for only £1899. (and of course Windows 10 plus 3 year warranty too.)

At that time it was only way to get a 3080. Even with a 3080 at RRP (if you could find one) the parts would cost me more to build.

Last edited:

Coulson

Distinguished Member
And to think, only in November 2020 I bought a pre-built system with a Ryzen7 8 core with AIO on an ASUS X570-P, Corsair 1000W PSU, Firecuda 520 512GB m2 SSD, 2TB drive, 16GB RAM and a MSI 3080 Gamer X Trio for only £1899. (and of course Windows 10 plus 3 year warranty too.)

At that time it was only way top get a 3080.
Exactly my point. I already noticed that the RTX-3060 systems were going for the same price RTX-3060Ti systems. Now it seems the they are being sold at RTX-3070 prices and above.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
So I looked at the headline and I thought OK let's see. Then I saw it had a Nvidia 3060 for nearly £1800 and I thought "no way". So I had a look at the rest of the specs. The 10600kf is a nice CPU, but its price has apparently come down. The cooling system is nice but again only costs about £150. It's probably overkill anyway. The rest of the specs are below average to average at best.

This was a very hard PC to rate on the value terms.

It's clearly priced highly but then it's the current market price. Take a similar PC from elsewhere and you will pay the same, so a little unfair to call them scalpers unless you say every PC builder is a scalper. It even went up £60 in just the time of me writing the review.

I suppose the choice you have if you want a new PC custom built today with an RTX card in it then you will have to pay way over the odds. It's unfortunately classic supply and demand. Even CEX would give you £600 for a 3060 today.

Price the components in this system individually, then add the price you can buy a 3060 for and you won't be far off the price. I mentioned it in the review, I did it and I was only about £170 below the build price.

Somebody buy Greg a lens cloth ;)

Are you talking about the main image? Not sure what is up with that but will fix.

That's now £250 extra.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
The 306ti price is around £450. Should be less but even the card manufacturers are hiking the price. (EVGA from Amazon).
All 3 series cards are hard to get but £1800 for that system is taking the pee. Quite simply, cyberpower, like the other retailers are trying to milk as much money as possible.
Also, Hard to get? Yes.
Impossible? No.
I've had 3 3070s, 2 3080s, have another 3080 on order and a 3090 coming Wednesday.

Evinger

Distinguished Member
Why does RGB lighting matter so much in a gaming PC? I guess it's just Nerd Bling because theoretically you are staring at the Screen not the PC while Gaming. Each to their own.

Coulson

Distinguished Member
[/QUOTE]
Price the components in this system individually, then add the price you can buy a 3060 for and you won't be far off the price. I mentioned it in the review, I did it and I was only about £170 below the build price.
Yes I saw that quote which is why I said:
Unless the prices have gone up significantly in the last month or so,
But here is a system with a better CPU, double the NVME size, decent mobo and cooling for £500 less. There's not £500 worth of components difference in the reviewed system when compared to this. Also as shown by other members, this is very close to the price of an RTX-3080 system.

So I'm assuming what you priced up was the same brand parts which makes sense. But could be a bit misleading to someone who is new to PC builds. :)

Last edited:

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Why does RGB lighting matter so much in a gaming PC? I guess it's just Nerd Bling because theoretically you are staring at the Screen not the PC while Gaming. Each to their own.
I presume you have an old beige case then?

Evinger

Distinguished Member
"Beige"? Sounds like you assume that anyone without RGB is some old boring old geezer stuck in his ways who still uses a typewriter & has flowered wallpaper. My Gaming PC has a black case that sits under the desk out of the way and out of site. It's not ugly, it's just functional. Anything that is in view I like to look nice, but I still wonder at how RGB has become such a deal with Computers. May as well have RGB on the Microwave, as you'll probably actually look at it more on any given day.

Coulson

Distinguished Member
RGB doesn't bother me and it might even be fun to have some. But I agree with @Evinger, it's gone a bit mental. Even RAM sticks have RGB. I have a small almost shoebox sized black case which fits perfectly with my AV system :)

Delvey

Distinguished Member
"Beige"? Sounds like you assume that anyone without RGB is some old boring old geezer stuck in his ways who still uses a typewriter & has flowered wallpaper. My Gaming PC has a black case that sits under the desk out of the way and out of site. It's not ugly, it's just functional. Anything that is in view I like to look nice, but I still wonder at how RGB has become such a deal with Computers. May as well have RGB on the Microwave, as you'll probably actually look at it more on any given day.
I never assumed anything.
But as you said,
I guess it's just Nerd Bling because theoretically you are staring at the Screen not the PC while Gaming
So why bother upgrading a case at all?

As for RGB, I use it, but have it set to blue. It does give me the option of changing colours easily without having to replace the fans every time I want to change colour

Will I Aint

If you want to compare the parts and prices then go to pcpartpicker.com. It will also tell you whether the parts you need are compatible/will fit and will also show price comparison for the individual parts.

I built my first PC last year around a Ryzen 7 3700x, recycled my old GPU but still have to wait for that upgrade once all the scalping dies down.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
but still have to wait for that upgrade once all the scalping dies down
It isn't the scalping. It is the mining. You can earn £150 a month mining with a 3080. After 5 months an 3080 FE has paid for itself and you can still sell it on over RRP.

Slinkywizard

This spec, at this price, is atrocious. I built a PC that would benchmark about the same as this one give or take a few fps for my nephew a couple of months back and spent £1050 on all the parts (based around a 2080).

This is scalper pricing.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Samsung's 110-inch Micro LED TV on pre-order at Harrods
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bang & Olufsen introduces Beosound Emerge speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony launches native 4K VPL-VW290ES and VW890ES projectors
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 14th April 2021