1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyberlink Powercinema + remote

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by zoidy, Apr 27, 2005.

1. zoidy

zoidy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Hi all,

not sure if anyone else has seen this but I have just bought the Cyberlink Power Cinema 3 software with remote control and it only cost £12.87!! It's on Scan:
    http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=174647

The remote has an Infra-red usb adapter that works with normal Windows XP (native drivers) and Power Cinema looks exactly like MCE! The remote even works with Media Player.

The remote control is the same model that you can buy seperately from Cyberlink.

I am just in touch with One for all to see if they have any codes that will work with my Kameleon 6 in 1.

Cheers,
    Pete.

2. JT

JT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Been on the web site no picture up. Anyway does the remote have to see the computer, or can it be in a different room via something like a infra-red sensor. If that makes sense.
    £7 for carriage is a bit steep though. :eek:

3. zoidy

zoidy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Yep, the remote has to be in the same room, but you may be able to get some sort of infra-red extender system from somewhere.

The Scan delivery charge is high, but I think it's still cheap considering the official Media Centre remote is approx £22 plus delivery from other places and that remote is only for Media Centre.

Here is the remote by the way:
    http://www.gocyberlink.com/multi/cyberstore/product_order.jsp?ProdId=44