Cyberlink MCE remote - turn on/off tv?

jonnyi

Standard Member
Hi folks -

I've got a Cyberlink basic remote that controls MCE very well. The only thing is that the power button only puts the pc into sleep mode (which I don't really want), and I was wondering if it's somehow possible to get the power button to turn on/off my Sharp tv?

Not sure if there's any clever software out that that can copy or mimic the Sharp remote's power button?

Cyberlink remote is this one:
Play.com (UK) - Free Delivery - Computing

Mike_P15

Novice Member
Check Control Panel - Power Options to see what the settings are for the power button. It might be set to Sleep rather than Power Off.

W.r.t. controlling the TV - you need to look at an all-in-one remote. I use a Harmony One to control TV, HTPC and all the other stuff that clutters my lounge.

robbo100

I use intelliremote, which can link the remote button to any keypress or MCE action. It works very well and is fairly cheap (you can get a 30 day trial too). I use it with the exact same remote.

I have also been trying to get the remote to turn on the PC, but had no luck so far.

Has anyone managed it?

jonnyi

Standard Member
I use intelliremote, which can link the remote button to any keypress or MCE action. It works very well and is fairly cheap (you can get a 30 day trial too). I use it with the exact same remote.

I have also been trying to get the remote to turn on the PC, but had no luck so far.

Has anyone managed it?
You say that Intelliremote can do it for any keypress or MCE action, but what I want to do is get my Cyberlink remote to mimic the power button action of my Sharp TV remote, rather than something off the pc / Media Center, so that it can turn the Sharp TV on and off.

Or did I misread what you said and Intelliremote can do what I want??

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom