CyberHome CH-DVD400 Multi Region Capable DVD Player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ebaaceller, Nov 7, 2005.

1. ebaaceller

ebaaceller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.
    Just spotted this dvd player currently on amazon @ around £25.
    I'm thinking about buying 4 of the buggers for xmas...for some friends who are still stuck in the video era!!
    I know it's usually a case of 'you get what you pay for'....but I don't really want to spend much more than this on a basic dvd player....and at the same time, I don't want to give them something that will pack up after a few months!

Does anyone know if these models are reliable/half decent.

Thanks in advance.

ebaaceller

2. daveande

daveande
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Not seen any reviews yet, but the earlier CyberHome CH-DVD 412 DVD and CyberHome CH-DVD 462 DVD models both got 10-out-of-10 magazine reviews.

As you say, Amazon.co.uk currently have this at £24.99 (incl. delivery). If you take a look at their user reviews you'll find that nine out of 11 were 5-star and the other two were 4-star!

3. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,196
    I got one from WHSmiths when they were £50 a couple of years ago. It doesn't work now without pausing/freezing every few seconds on all DVD's.

I initally thought it was great and they are worth £25, just expect not to be using it in a few years.

See my link below for a pic of it.