Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Cyberhome CH-DVD 505

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ianfretwell, Feb 11, 2004.

1. ianfretwell

ianfretwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Can anybody shed any light over whether this player is capable of progressive scan ouput through it's component outputs - and if so, does this apply to PAL as well as NTSC material ?

Cheers,

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't have progressive scan.

I seem to remember when I had my ADL-528 and upgraded to 10.01 firmware suddenly there was a progressive option but I never had anything to check it on. So its possible that there is an upgraded firmware for the CH505 but it certainly didn't first ship with this feature. Have a look at this review here;

http://www.whatvideotv.com/testbenc...h/DVDPlayers/Cyberhome/CyberhomeCV-DVD505.php

3. ianfretwell

ianfretwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Thanks for the response, I do have the latest firmware (20763 - released only recently) but have seen no mention of progressice scanning anywhere.

I was hoping someone might have one of these players in combination with a display device capable of displaying the signal type that it is receiving.....anybody ?