1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyberhome Ch-dvd-400

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by MARTYC_UK, Oct 21, 2003.

1. MARTYC_UK

MARTYC_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wonder is someone can help me. I have the cyberhome CH-DVD-400. When i play dvd's half way through it freezes and jumps little chunks of the movie but stays frozen. This happens with manufactured dvds as well as dvd-r. My vcd's play fine all the way through no problems with that. Does any one have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Martin

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    Well if you have the same problem with dvd-rs its not the layer change. DVDs have much faster data at the outer rim of the dvd than near the middle as basically the little pits are going by much faster. Hence the reason dvd writers have problems writing to the very end of the dvd on poor media. Obviously this is the harder part to read too. Basically the dvd loader in the player is faulty or the lens needs cleaning. VCDs are much easier to read as they are cds. If it was just commercial dvds the problem could be the dvd loader not focussing well on the second layer but as you have the problem on dvd-rs which are single layer its not that. I would try a lense cleaning cd/dvd even an audio cd type or use a air duster type spray can and if that fails seek a replacement.