1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CyberHome CH-DVD 400

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Monie, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Monie

Monie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i'm new to these forums, so try not to destroy me :)

I was wondering if anythong knew anything about this in terms of whats hackable?

I've unlocked the multi-region capability, but i was wondering if there was any chance it could be unlocked/patched/fiddled with in any way to play avi files?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

2. mikeq

mikeq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know about playing avi on any DVD players but when I did this in the past I converted the avi to mpeg and created an SVCD (super video) disc.

There is a website with info on this, I think its vcdhelp.com(or something like that) do a search in google.

Regards
    Mike

3. Monie

Monie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yea, thats my backup (and one i'm running with at the moment) plan. Using TMPEGEnc or whatever its called, but the drawback is that it takes a long time and it minces the file size.

If the DVD player could play the avis straight off it would be oh so much easier, but i dont hold out that much hope.