1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyberhome CH-DVD 400

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by stubags, May 7, 2003.

1. stubags

stubags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering through WHSmith in Holborn yesterday, and they had a pile of Cyberhome CH-DVD 400's at £49.95 while stocks last. They're quite small, no display machines, but they have reasonable connections (RGB scart, S-Video, coaxial, LR steroe out) and a remote.

I bought it on the spur of the moment because I thought my kids could use it. Took it home, wired it up and it's great. Picture's good - might not be as smooth as my other player, but fine. Managed to remote hack it to multi-region too (and my RCE disks worked no problems) by changing the region setting to zero after doing the following:

Opened the disc tray.
    Press 1,3,6,9,left,left,left,right
    Select the Version option, highlight region 2, press down down until 0 is displayed and o.k. it and exit.

I found this hack by searching on the internet after which I found one for the 402, and slightly modified it because it didn't work.

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    another mediatek chipset dvd player. Most of the cheaper dvd players around the £50 mark are. Great value for money.

3. Stella'd

Stella'd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks stubags
    A friend has just bought this and was looking for a hack, will pass on the info, Cheers!

4. Stephen Naylor

Stephen Naylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got mine in December, it failed yesterday.

Tech support from cyberhome told me that they had an overheat problem and warned me not to leave it in standby for more than a few days!

NB Until the point it failed, it was a great little player and they have a 24 hour swap out policy, so I should be up and running again tomorrow.