1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyberhome ADL528

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pinkslipper32, Jul 19, 2002.

1. pinkslipper32

pinkslipper32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im about to buy the cyberhome ADL528 - im on a VERY tight budget but it seems to do everything ie DVD, CD, CDR, CDRW, VCD, SVCD and MP3s. Ive read the which report on it and the only down side seems to be a whiring noise when it starts to play a disc and a slight vibration (before i buy i want a deonstration in the shop) but apart from that Which gave it 8 out of 10 so it seems an excellent buy.

Can anyone tell me if theres any good reason why i should buy it - is there a better model for £100 (in the sale at moment with Richer Sounds) :confused:

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,745
    My mate has one. Reasonably happy but he has had some problems with some discs - most notably "The Mummy Returns" Region 1 which played ok in 2 other players of different make. On getting this problem he sent the player back and got a replacement - but it was just the same.

3. pinkslipper32

pinkslipper32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that warning.

Ive heard that problem with other players though, some machines just wont play certain films which you know work in others. At the end of the day, its a good bargain for what it does - could pay more for a better machine but i might have problems with that.

Arghhhhhhhh i just dont know what to do.......

4. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,745
    That's my opinion also - it seems you can spend thousands and still end up with a different problem on a different player. It sounds like a great deal at that price

5. snelly

snelly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

some of the supermarkets (notably tesco and safeway) are often knocking out players at the £90 mark. Depending on the specs some of these are very good value for money!

As far as not playing every film goes...the DVD format is notorious for this so I wouldn't necessarily discount a player that doesn't play 1 disc.

I have 3 players at home I good Sony, 1 budget model for bedroom and a PS2 and I have yet to find a disc that wont play in any of them - probably only an issue if you have an encyclopaedic DVD collection!

6. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    None of the Supermarket players can beat the Cyberhome for short term thrills.

7. pinkslipper32

pinkslipper32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to let you all know that i went and bought the Cyberhome ADL528 and so far ive watched one DVD and about 4 VCD's and there is no whiring noise and no vibrations at all!!!!!!!

What more can i say apart from a huge thumbs up to Cyberhome and to Richer Sounds for selling me it at £99.95 and for throwing in a disk cleaner as well :D

Thanks for everybodys hints and tips im now off the buy some DVD's and to download some more VCD's off the net lolol