1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyberhome ADL528

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by BallJoint, Feb 5, 2002.

1. BallJoint

BallJoint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Found this DVD on Richersounds website. I know you only get what you pay for, generally, but it has had good reviews as a budget player.

Before I consider buying I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with it, or heard of any?

Cheers

2. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
  3. alextgreen

alextgreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    It's good for the cash, go see for yourself. Only your eyes can say for sure, but I thought that Pioneer and Wharfedale's low end players produced a better picture.

4. Cliff

Cliff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,703
    It is quite a bulky unit. I bought one from Richer Sounds and tried it for a day or two but couldn't live with it. I have a high end player (for home cinema with a projector) and this was a second player for Karaoke use. Anyway it failed on all counts. It locked up if the 'wrong' buttons were pressed, VCDs did not play smoothly (jerky) The NTSC (60) to PAlL (50) was hopeless. And as far as karaoke was concerned it did not output a PCM stream with CDG data.
    Richer Sounds were very good about it and I got my money back. Months later I bought a Pioneer 343 from them- which works well!
    Cliff

5. seq2

seq2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    does anyone know if the usual handset hack ie 1999 etc........turn macrovision off on the Cyberhome ADL528........im thinking of getting one of these as a second player.......i used to have the ad-l212 as a second player a yr ago....but things changed after this model......(secret menu etc) has anyone tried to record on to video with the adl528...after putting the hanset hack in.

6. Thor

Thor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
  7. gtfc

gtfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have had two, the first lasted 2 days and continually locked out, failed to access special features and seemed slow to start, I had this replaced about 6 months later and all the same faults appeared together with annoying scene skipping etc, Richer sounds took both back with no quibble. I replaced it with a Sony NS300 from them and it is excellent, never put a foot wrong.
    Whilst I was buying a centre speaker from them a guy was returning his Cyberhome + I saw another returned one on the floor. Make what you want of that.

Regards

GTFC