cyberhome ADL528 player any info??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pete o'flanagan, Oct 11, 2001.

1. pete o'flanagan

pete o'flanagan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, saw this new model on www.second-spin.com and wondered if anybody had any comments on this budget machines performance?
    For £110 you get a lot of features inc. mp3 playback and multiregion,but what about performance??
    cheers guys Q. ;)

2. andy76

andy76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't speak from personal experience but someone at work has bought one and seems quite happy with it.
    As you say the features list is comprehensive and I guess ANY DVD player is better than good old VHS :)

Also take a look at scan.co.uk and check out their SC2000 player. Couple other colleagues bought these and again were all happy.
    They obviously won't match upto more expensive players but both seem OK for the money and are just about the cheapest multi region players you can get.

Hope this is of help.

Andrew

3. ice_cool

ice_cool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The cyberhome sounds good. I'm gonna get one. Try unbeatable.co.uk as it is 109.99 but has p&p at £7. I'd give them a call if you want more details. I don't know if you can get the silver one though???

This is a useful site (although in a different language) as it shows pictures of the dvd and the on screen display.
    http://hdubois.free.fr/cyberhome.htm

the official website is http://www.cyberhome-europe.de/eng/downframe.htm

it has some good support, and you can download the manual!!!!

Hope this helps

ice_cool

4. ice_cool

ice_cool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. seq2

seq2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a cyber adn212 last year, its ok for the price of £130....all cybers convert ntsc to pal which is good for copying r1s.....although the last model(adm512) had a new firmware upgrade to stop multi region hack...(i tried burning downgrade software to cdr but it never worked for me)......but anyway the new adl-528 apparently has a new hack with macro off (although i havent tried it yet till i get the machine) the hack was in last months mag........dd decoder and multi region for under £120 cant be bad...........if any one knows any other machines that are ntsc to pal and multi r and macro off i shall be pleased to hear.....

6. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,660
    Have you read the reviews online here at the Total DVD and What Video & TV sites?

7. Thor

Thor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've owned a 528 now for about a month and am very happy with it. It's a cheap price and I consider that you get a lot for your money. ;)
    Picture quality and sound quality are quite good. You have analogue 5.1 outputs as well.
    I got mine at Scan Computers. The site previously mentioned at http://www.cyberhome-help.de/main_english.php4
    is a good forum site to find out more before you buy.
    :)

8. seq2

seq2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does this adl 528 come out of its box as a multi region player or do you have to do the hack on remote....eg..1999 etc.as featured in totaldvd mag......does it play and record r1 to video via pal 50......the others did...........

here is the down grade software for adm512 at www.geocities.com/sunniexde/AD-M2512.html

read instructs carefully and burn to mode 1 etc.......

9. Thor

Thor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi, seq2.
    You have to use the remote but you can set the player to "ALL" regions using the 1999 menu.
    As for, quote, "does it play and record R1 to video via pal 50". The problem encountered here is macrovision, if that can be disabled then yes I reckon so.
    ;)

10. seq2

seq2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmmmmm........macro........it wasnt a problem on the first player of last year.....its a shame really cos it will probably affect people with projectors.....the companys should think about things like that for starters.........well there may be a remote hack for macro off (if its not already off) in the near future....lets hope......cos lets face it.....macro is a waste of time anyway..........especially when companys like entertainment in video, dont use macro................although i was reading recently that sony are proposing to use something similar to macro for normal audio recordings.......they reckon that we wont be able to copy an analogue copy of an analogue cd via cdr and vice versa, digital to analogue...........even no more computer copying.......who knows how it will turn out........

11. rjsmyth

rjsmyth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I bought one of these from Scan. The Svideo picture was about on a par with VHS, the RGB picture was a lot better but with a horrible yellow cast. The drive in it was incredibly noisy and the English subtitles defaulted to on all the time. Yuk Yuk Yuk Sent it back

12. jasper catt

jasper catt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    WH Smith have the Cyberhome 528 advertised in their Xmas catalogue for £99.95. I have only seen boxes of unmarked Cyberhome players in their stores,so maybe the 528's are coming .

Hope this helps

13. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,470
  14. Darren_L

Darren_L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Will this machine play RCE discs OK?
    Does it have any problems with other discs, similar to the cheapo players in TESCO etc...

15. Thor

Thor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2