1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyberhome ADL 528

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Hughesrjg, Nov 28, 2002.

1. Hughesrjg

Hughesrjg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm about to take my first leap from protable TV to Home Cinema. This is the set up I'm thinking about:

TV Panesonic PL281 £ 499
    Amp Sony STRDE375 £ 100
    DVD Cyberhome ADL528 £ 100
    Speakers Gale Moviestar 5's £ 100

HAs anyone any experience of any of these or got any better ideas? Richer Sounds seem to be the cheapest around.

I've not heard of Cyberhome before, does anyone know anything about them?

Many thanks

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My son had the sony amp and cyberhome dvd player not so long ago, he had no complaints, this was also his first step into HC. The amp was used with speakers I had never heard of before, "Yello", these were 5xsatellites and a passive sub, he upgraded the sub to an active one and was very pleased with the results. The amp has very few features on it but for D/D playback it does a fairly decent job. It's not the best amp in the world and I feel that adding a few more pounds (£50) to your budget will get you something a lot better, my son got tired with it and wanted to upgrade it after a couple of months.

The player will play almost anything DVD, CD, VCD, SVCD, CD-R CD-RW MP3, it is easily hacked for multiregion, can be configured for composite, RGB, S-Video or you can even connect via component. Picture quality was very good on my sons 28" Phillips W/S. It has a D/D decoder onboard but no DTS so connecting to the sony will only give you D/D via the 6channel inputs.

Can't fault the player but the amp IMO is the weakest link.

Have fun. :)