CyanogenMod 4.1.99

mrpink123

Hi there guys

If people aren't aware, the new CyanogenMod is out (based on Donut), now fully legit again as he has stripped the google stuff out. Install is a little more complicated, but it's not difficult. Find it here.

I've upgraded to it on my Magic, which was running stock Cupcake, and I've been impressed so far. Had a couple of force closes, but on the whole the phone feels much snappier to me.

This is the first time I've flashed a custom ROM, so I also had a question for those of you who are more experienced. I backed my apps up (using MyBackup Pro), but of course restoring them from backup meant that they were no longer linked with the market, and so will no longer automatically notify me when updates are available. This meant I had to reinstall every app again manually. Is this the only way to do this, and will I have to do it every time I flash a custom ROM? Also, even though I left all the data on the SD card, none of the programs remembered any of my settings/data, so I have also had to setup every app the way I like again. Is there any way around that as well, or will I also have to do that every time I flash a custom ROM? Cheers for any help!

jmcardle

Try AppManager from the Market. That should do it

mrpink123

Try AppManager from the Market. That should do it
That restores the links to the market for the apps? And the app data?

edit: It doesn't restore links to the market. From the FAQ:
If i install an app from SD Card do i still get update notifications?

No you don't. Update notifications works only for apps installed by the “Market” app.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom