CXC 700 Replacement

Dan Turner

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

This may be a slightly tedious question but I'm after some ideas/opinions. There is a bit of a back story so please bear with me.

Back in Summer 2012 I decided to buy myself some new earphones and I liked the look of the CXC 700s and they were getting some pretty good reviews so I took the plunge and got them. I have been very happy with them and love them when I get an excuse to use them, but I've had an issue that the design of the earbuds is different to other Sennheisers I've used in the past. Other day to day ones I've used have fit me perfectly, got a good seal and stayed in well but with these I have struggled - even with the large buds. I've found that I have to get them in a perfect position and then they stay in (just about) and get a good seal. I queried Sennheiser about this and the response was generally "sucks to be you but here's a load of earbuds see if you can get them to work" but no luck.
It is unfortunately looking like I might have to sell them (because as much as I like them it's becoming too much of a hassle to constantly readjust them). From my browsing it looks like there is potential to recover in the region of £130 if I'm lucky.

So the question sort of comes down to:
1) Am I stuck with making do with them or selling them? Or is there an extra option?
2) Assuming around the £130 mark what options should I consider? I've never really been much of a fan of on ear, I prefer either in or over. Noise cancelling isn't an absolute requirement but sometimes it's nice to have (got a holiday to Florida coming up in August).
3) One option under consideration is the Klipsch M40, they got 4* from WhatHiFi with a couple of caveats and I can get them within that budget so does anyone out there have opinions on them?

Thanks all

Dan

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Forgot to add, their main use will be with my phone/tablet/laptop so need something that doesn't need an amp

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom