CX magic remote stopped working with Shield.

Tomnook80

Hi all
This seems to be a common issues but I can't remedy it with other solutions I've found. I have my Nvidia Shield connected to my LG CX and when I first set it up it recognised the magic remote and set it up correctly and identified and names the HDMI input as Shield. For some reason when I turned the TV on earlier it no longer recognised the magic remote with with Shield and won't work with the Shield. I tried turning off the auto detection, deleting the magic remote config. for the Shield (which I now can't get back) etc. Etc. And now it refuses to even recognise the remote with the Shield at all. As you cannot accurately setup the remote with the Shield manually I'm stuck. Does anyone have a solution?

Tomnook80

Randomly does it mate. I tend to use two remotes now anyhow with my AVR and HDMI control just ballses things up it seems

vsurresh

Novice Member
Thanks for your response. For me it doesn't work at all. Previously I had a sony tv and never had this issue. HDMI CEC should be a very basic feature.

Tomnook80

I find CEC increasingly problematic, especially having an Xbox and AVR connected. I just disable it and use everything manually, far less grief. Unfortunate but true. :)

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom