CX: Cannot select 422 in Nvidia colour settings regardless of HDMI cord used

antwandemarco

Novice Member
Hi everyone,

Joined the forums after lurking for years to post this. Trying to get some help with a puzzling issue that I can't work out. My apologies if this is an inappropriate place to ask. Mods, feel free to delete if this is the case :) I posted this over on the r/monitor forum on reddit and received a characteristically acerbic response (seriously their are some really combative people that post there for some reason).

I am a CX owner trying to use my OLED as a second monitor for gaming. I have an RTX 3080. When I connect to the tv via HDMI I am only able to select 420 or 444 in colour settings. I am unable to select 422. This is regardless of if I use HDMI 2.0 or HDMI 2.1. My goal is to run a 15 meter HDMI 2.0 cable from my GPU to my television in the loungeroom for the purposes of HDR gaming. This means that I must settle for 422 at 10bit, given the cable's 18gbps data limit. Of course I would happily use 2.1 but the TV is being used in a different room and I need to run a longer HDMI cable. I am willing to shell out a fair bit for the cable, but not the hundreds and hundreds of dollars for a good fibre optic one. Given this, 422 is the best option for me to play between rooms.

So my question is: Why is there no option for 422 when connected to the OLED CX? And further, is there any way to unlock 422 on the OLED CX?

I see other people online saying they have set their CX's to 422 but it doesn't appear in the drop down box for me. I have also tested a shorter HDMI 2.1 cable between my GPU and my TV and it also will not display over 422. As with the 2.0 cable, I can only select 420 or 444.

I should also add that I have tested my PC connected to a different 4k television with the same cords and 422 appears using both 2.1 and 2.0 HDMI, so I can deduce that it is an issue on the CX's end and not an issue with the cords or the GPU.

Please let me know if anything is unclear. If I can sort this issue out it would be saving me from significant frustration and I will be forever in the debt of the AV forums.

Thanks in advance!

antwandemarco

Novice Member

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom