Cx and freesat audio problem

kannanni12

Novice Member
Hi there,

I have a q800t soundbar connected to my LG cx tv via hdmi earc on adaptive mode. Audio works fine with all main streaming platforms with pass through.

However I recently connected my sky dish directly to my tv to receive freesat and got it mostly ok except audio on some channels like channel 5hd and bbc live tennis sound is like it’s coming out of a bucket or a cave.. I can stop this if I change sound mode to standard on the soundbar or change it on the tv from pass through to pcm-which is not ideal as I loose atmos.

has anyone come across this issue?
I’m trying to pinpoint if the problem is with tv or the soundbar?

does anyone has any good equaliser settings for the soundbar standard mode? I don’t really like it in default standard compared to adaptive which is more lively and never had any previous issues now..

kannanni12

Novice Member
After several testing bad quality sound occurs from hd tv channels/streams using Dolby audio. I was able to replicate on my tv speakers too which are generally bad anyway, that’s why I bought the soundbar.

can someone with a soundbar test channel 5hd and let me know what make if their soundbar is successful with pass through.

I’m quite disappointed with my Samsung soundbar at the moment

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom