CV Lockdown drinking thread

And note my sig. From the battle of Edgehill.

The very same. Agreed it’s all over the place historically (studied this era as part of a level history). But I would argue the best cinematic version available.
I'm surprised. It's the country's bloodiest war.

One in ten of the adult male population died. That's more than WWI and WWII. It's because the UK population was just 5 million, 2 million were of fighting age and the civil war was fought in that both sides were so convinced they were right the best answer was to destroy the opposition.

So small population combined with mass genocide.

I'm surprised. It's the country's bloodiest war.

One in ten of the adult male population died. That's more than WWI and WWII. It's because the UK population was just 5 million, 2 million were of fighting age and the civil war was fought in that both sides were so convinced they were right the best answer was to destroy the opposition.

So small population combined with mass genocide.
I think the arguments within are too abstract for most people nowadays. I find them fascinating.

Oh and more beer time. :)

6b0e5b30bb8c6c4d443a2330ed85a492.jpg

Err why the err, you know what?

This it?

1585350804871.png

I can't even directly link to it as it's called something naughty.

The alcohol is needed to relax the muscles nicely.

Perhaps there is some good use we can put these rubber hands to in the fight against the corona virus?
Perhaps stick them up your sleeve to avoid actual hand touching, without looking weird?

Perhaps there is some good use we can put these rubber hands to in the fight against the corona virus?
Perhaps stick them up your sleeve to avoid actual hand touching, without looking weird?
Great idea. :rotfl:

On to a Westmalle Dubbel.

I remember getting ratted on this stuff in Amsterdam a few years ago on company time. Simple times.

This thread took a weird turn...
I know I didn't help any.

Still if this is approximately the scale, PM and we can setup a classified ad.
1585350804871.jpg

This thread took a weird turn...
I know I didn't help any.

Still if this is approximately the scale, PM and we can setup a classified ad.View attachment 1274294
It wasn’t quite what I had in mind.

but irreverent fun in dark times around alcohol was. So not a million miles off :)

Some cheap as fudge Bordeaux (box quality!). I've much better in the wine fridge, but they deserve to be consumed with something better then cheese and dried meat.

Some cheap as fudge Bordeaux (box quality!). I've much better in the wine fridge, but they deserve to be consumed with something better then cheese and dried meat.
What’s better than cheese and I’m assuming by dried meat you mean cured like salami?

might also be better to hold on to the good stuff when we are in the real thick of it.

What’s better than cheese and I’m assuming by dried meat you mean cured like salami?

might also be better to hold on to the good stuff when we are in the real thick of it.
proper food!

Beef/lamb some taters veg etc

Got a lovely Madiran in the chiller which is just begging to be drunk with a blue steak.

proper food!

Beef/lamb some taters veg etc

Got a lovely Madiran in the chiller which is just begging to be drunk with a blue steak.
I love cured meats so your argument is wasted on me :rotfl: :D

I’m sad and glad at the same time that I packed in drinking last year , probably a good job now because I would most likely have alcohol poisoning ......

Anyway , a man walks into a bar ......

I have kind of given up drinking while this virus kerfuffle is going on, partly because I don't want to fall into the habit of increasing my intake because I don't have to get up for work in the morning, and partly to save money in case I get furloughed in a couple of weeks. That said I dug out the last bottle of wine in the house last night, one that my wife was give at Christmas, only to find that it was corked :zonked: . I now feel the universe owes me a bottle of wine so one might end up in with my shopping later.

Reading this thread has reminded me, i'm low on Tonic Water.

Don't usually drink Gin until the warmer months but i've been having the odd G&T this week.

Especially now i'm working from home lol.

Reading this thread has reminded me, i'm low on Tonic Water.

Don't usually drink Gin until the warmer months but i've been having the odd G&T this week.

Especially now i'm working from home lol.
All part of the service :laugh:

I’m sad and glad at the same time that I packed in drinking last year , probably a good job now because I would most likely have alcohol poisoning ......

Anyway , a man walks into a bar ......
I gave up drinking last year too.Starting to look like a bad idea now.I have run out of things to do and getting sh**ted everyday might help pass the time.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom