CV Help Needed Please

mightynimrod

Hi ya fellas,

Im needing to change jobs and wanted some CV advice please.

Are there any recruitment "experts" within our ranks that can help make me more employable through making my CV more professional.

Whilst im superb in interviews, i find that im absolutely crap when it comes to promoting myself on paper.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Steve :smashin:

Keep it concise, usually a CV should be no more than two sides of A4 paper. Keep it punchy, to the point, save the details for the interview.

Take the time to adapt your CV to each role you apply for. Research the company background

Don't leave any chronological gaps, gaps make recruiters suspicious

Scan you CV for mistakes, use a spellchecker and ask someone else to proof read your work.

Never tell blatant lies on your CV, anything you can not substaniate will look suspicious period!.

Spend time formatting your CV. Use bullet points and keep sentences short.

There are plenty of templates available online, use them to help simplyfy the above.

Sid

mightynimrod

Hi Sid,

Thanks for the info, do you know of any professional services that would produce one?

I've seen lots of templates but im confused as to which one would be suitable - there's ones that have your picture on e.t.c.

It's mainly area sales roles, account management e.t.c

Again, thanks for the info. :smashin:

mightynimrod, you don't really need any templates. They will help in regards to formatting/layout, other than that its all down to you to fill in the boxes.

Have a look here for guidance.

If you feel you still require a 3rd party to knock one up for you then simply Bing/Google it. I would aslo suggest looking at your local papers under the classifieds section, there is always someone offering these kinds of services.

Sid

Berties

Banned
Hi Sid,

Thanks for the info, do you know of any professional services that would produce one?

I've seen lots of templates but im confused as to which one would be suitable - there's ones that have your picture on e.t.c.

It's mainly area sales roles, account management e.t.c

Again, thanks for the info. :smashin:
Don't include a picture of yourself, dunno where you got that idea. CV design has changed recently it's all about key skills. I went on a course and said "put team player" into your key skill. Since everyone was doing it can't see the point and left it out.

Steven

Senior Moderator
Never tell blatant lies on your CV, anything you can not substaniate will look suspicious period!.
Should that not read instead will "mean app in the bin"? :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom