Cutthroat Island, R2 out in Dec

Kevo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A vastlty under-rated film IMO and didn't deserve the panning it got when it was first released.

Not too disimilar to Pirates of the Carribbean.
I guess if Johnny Depp was in it then everyone would have raved about it.

Anyway, out on December 1st (I wonder why? ;) ) , DD5.1 (no DTS) but a few more extras than the original R1 release.

I'm pretty sure this was supposed to be released earlier this year (possibly last year!), but you've got to hand it to those Marketing folk, they know an opportunity when they see it and are prepared to wait until the time is right to release it!

Here's a link...

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=5880

Pretty sure i saw this in the shops with a commentary track but since i own the full DTS bitrate Japanese edition id recommend people avoid the UK version and buy that instead.

R2 is £12.99 RRP. Japanese DTS is £32.
I would possibily get the Japanese version, but I'll wait to find out what Matt's review (Due soon) says about it.

Originally posted by THX 1138
R2 is £12.99 RRP. Japanese DTS is £32.
I would possibily get the Japanese version, but I'll wait to find out what Matt's review (Due soon) says about it.

I've been seriously considering buying the Japanese version for a while! I guess I should just take the plunge.
I have always really liked this film and will look forward to the Matt's review.
Can anyone recommend where's the best place to buy the Jap import?

popeye

Originally posted by THX 1138
I would possibily get the Japanese version

Cutthloat Island :D :blush:

Originally posted by popeye
I have always really liked this film and will look forward to the Matt's review.

Popeye, I'll try and get it done this weekend, although it's at the back of the queue as I have 3 horrors to review in front of that one:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Smurfin
I have 3 horrors to review in front of that one

4 horrors in all then! :rolleyes:

LOL:D I like C/Throat island:)

(actually so do I) :blush:

More Malta Movie trivia coming up :rolleyes: ........

:lesson:
In Cutthroat Island, the scene where Davis and Modine are being chased through the 'streets' is a centuries old fort (Fort St Elmo in Valletta, Malta) which was also used as a Turkish prison in Midnight Express and the 'burning at the stake' scene in Clash of The Titans.

fortstelmo.jpg

I'm sure you all feel better for knowing that :)

Originally posted by Smurfin
Popeye, I'll try and get it done this weekend, although it's at the back of the queue as I have 3 horrors to review in front of that one:rolleyes:

Matt

I'll give you while mid night on Sunday or else!:devil:
Just kidding;) In your own time....

popeye:)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom